Anyone else like 80's, 90's and 00's bad movies?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

kzzrn
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2013, 12:35 am

It's a long running hobby of mine to watch bad movies from this era, in particular bad action, scifi and/or horror films. Anyone else like it too?

sppp
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2013, 3:36 am

I think Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky is a particularly awesome bad film from that era.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2013, 4:06 am

I'll watch b-movies sometimes, but I wouldn't call it a hobby. The Evil Dead trilogy was a favorite growing up, as was Dead Alive.

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jul 2013, 4:46 am

Cilantro wrote:
I'll watch b-movies sometimes, but I wouldn't call it a hobby. The Evil Dead trilogy was a favorite growing up, as was Dead Alive.

The Evil Dead aren't really considered to be bad movies though ^^ just low budget like you mentioned

isometry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2013, 6:49 am

Me too! Plenty of horror, including more than half a dozen from the "cannibal" genre. :twisted:

SaveTigers
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2013, 7:46 am

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre #2" and "The Toxic Avenger" are two that my husband and I got a kick out of in the 80s.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 10:35 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agyuMM09yAE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mkl9rtttog[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AvMn2Vh0fQ[/youtube]

Hell, yeah!

kzzrn
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

Here was one I found recently:

R.O.T.O.R. - To Judge and Execute

Basically a low budget rip off of Terminator and Robocop. Unfortunately it's also really obscure, the only place I've ever found it was on Youtube.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 8:46 pm

kzzrn wrote:
It's a long running hobby of mine to watch bad movies from this era, in particular bad action, scifi and/or horror films. Anyone else like it too?

Oh man, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this oportunity! If you have such an interest, you possibly saw what I consider the worst movie ever made. Except that I don't know its name! So please help me if you can. I'll give a description of the movie:

It's about evil antropomorphic marcians who visit earth. They are stopped by two american guys. The movie is gore _ you see the pinkish inside of the marcians when people cut their abdomen. In the end the mancian ship (which was hidden inside a big house; the house was green, iirc) takes off, destroyng the house.

I'm sorry if I'm not more specific, but that's all I can remember. I also remember thinking until the end if it was a parody until the movie ended and I realised that it was indeed a serious movie. :lol:

kzzrn
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

Man I don't think I did see it unfortunately, but I sure wish I did. :D Not sure if it would beat R.O.T.O.R. for the title of worst movie ever though.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 9:47 pm

I've seen some serious schlock in my young life. Revenge of the Ninja with Sho Kosugi is one of my all-time favorite comedies.