Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

04 Oct 2013, 2:41 pm

I've recently start watching episodes of the Tick on YouTube. I like the Tick's cheery attitude though other heroes seem rather useless compared to him and Arthur; with the exception of Eclair, American Made and maybe Sewer Urchin. Case in point, when Dinosaur Neil rampaged for the first time and the other heroes bugged out, or the Proto-Clown episode; but that incident is somewhat understandable.

One last thing:

FIRE ME BOY! *boom*

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 11:39 pm

I used to watch The Tick Saturday mornings when it first ran years ago. My favorite villain was the "AAAAHHHH" Terror! Definitely one of my favorite cartoons of all time. 8)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 12:14 pm

What I loved about The Tick, is that events that happened in one episode would carry over to later episodes, even if it's only a background detail. Especially the stuff with the moon, when Chairface Chippendale tries to write his name in it with that giant laser gun, you just keep seeing the unfinished 'CHA' in the moon. And then later still, the Tick attempts to remove that damage by blowing moondust into those letters (using explosives), but only gets rid of the 'C', and afterwards, the big Galactus-type villain takes a bite out of the moon... you keep seeing those things in the background.

I love the episode (I think it's the final one) in which Tick trains a bunch of beginning superheroes, including a fellow who calls himself Baby Boomerang-Utan. Why? Because he's a guy who dresses in a monkey suit, and uses exploding baby dolls as a throwing weapon. His battle cry was 'It's okay to play with dolls!'

Awesome series. I love all the nods to actual superhero comics and cartoons.

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2013, 4:16 pm

Die Fledermaus was freaking awesome. I just had to say that. :lol:

I liked how things carried over too. I remember one of the funniest things in the later seasons was when the Tick went to Africa for some reason and picked up some crazy dog-type thing as a pet, which kept being in the show as his pet from that point onwards. I don't really remember a whole lot about it now, but I remember thinking that the stuff that went on with that pet was absolutely hilarious for some reason.

DukeNukem2417
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

I only remember one or two episodes of the cartoon, but MAN were they utterly hilarious. :D