Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 9:19 am

This is not my favorite series of Star Trek, but this show is heavily underrated

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 10:54 am

I'd say Voyager is slightly better than Star Trek:Enterprise just because it has 7 seasons instead of 4. Having a lot more episodes must count for something.

The Borg being Voyager's main-enemy for over half the series was really cool too. Probably the main reason it's underrated IMO.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 12:36 pm

I love it.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm

Venger wrote:
I'd say Voyager is slightly better than Star Trek:Enterprise just because it has 7 seasons instead of 4. Having a lot more episodes must count for something.

The Borg being Voyager's main-enemy for over half the series was really cool too. Probably the main reason it's underrated IMO.

I watched all series, except TOS but i watched all movie with Kirk

This is my favorite captain, ranking

1. Jean-Luc Picard
2. J.T Kirk
3. Benjamin Sisko.
4. Johnathan Archer
5. Kathryn Janeway

This is my favorite Star Trek.
1.DS9
2.TNG (i Love Q appearance :D )
3. ENT
4. Voy

I put DS9 on top of my list because it has cool plot dominion war, Cardassians and lot more, and two of my favorite characters from TNG, Commander Worf and chief o'Brien, The only downside is that there was only one episode with Q, and it's was pretty weak plot.
As for TNG i watched it first time when i was kid, and do not really understand because I was too young to comprehend it.

My love for Star Trek, was revived a few years ago when I saw the TV series "Enterpise" at the beginning I did not know that the action takes place in the Star Trek universe. I think it's a little curious that the show is not called from the beginning of "Star Trek: Enterpise". This series has a special place in my heart.
As for Captain Archer is an actor who played him, Scott Bakula also played in the TV series "Quantum Leap" known in Poland as " Zagubiony w Czasie - Lost in Time" it was very popular in Poland in mid 90's.. I'm and my Brother was joking that Sam Becket jumped into future. to make right what once went wrong, to make sure that United Federation Of Planets will be funded :D

As for captain Janeway, i liked her to maybe even she should be Ex aequo in my ranking, but i don't like how she treated Tuvix, While i like both Tuvok and Nelix. I think that her decision to split Tuvix, effectively killing him was plain blaint murder, she should be court-martialed demoted and imprisoned for this, while she dared to demote poor Tom Paris for act of compassion, what a hypocritical b :D
But as wrote earlier Voyager had lot of potential

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 3:05 pm

Overall, I think Voyager is the worst Star Trek series post TOS. With the exception of the Doctor and Seven of Nine, the characters are generally terrible and uninteresting. The show had so much potential, but the creators just wouldn't let the show reach it. Every season there were a few episodes that were just great and it was sad because it brought a full realization as to how good the show could be on a consistent basis, but it never lived up.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 4:06 pm

My least favorite Star Trek series. With the possible exception of the Doctor hologram, there wasn't a single character on the show I actually liked or identified with.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 4:09 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

This is my favorite Star Trek.
1.DS9
2.TNG (i Love Q appearance :D )
3. ENT
4. Voy

My order is:
1. DS9
2. TNG
3. VOY
4. ENT
5. TOS/TAS

Enterprise would be better than Voyager if it had another season or two. By the way you should watch all the TOS episodes since it's in HD with redone special-effects. The animated series is very good too, and it's part of the original five-year mission as far as I'm concerned. (the two shows have 5 seasons combined)

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 4:33 pm

Bataar wrote:
Overall, I think Voyager is the worst Star Trek series post TOS. With the exception of the Doctor and Seven of Nine, the characters are generally terrible and uninteresting. The show had so much potential, but the creators just wouldn't let the show reach it. Every season there were a few episodes that were just great and it was sad because it brought a full realization as to how good the show could be on a consistent basis, but it never lived up.

And what episode is you favorite is Jetrel the episode about dr. Jetrel who created weapon of mass destruction that killed Nelix countryman, it's very beautiful episode about morality of scientific community. When i watched it's first time my first thought was A-Bomb scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer, Edward Teller Stansilaw Ulam (with wast Polish, the bright polish mathematician, the founder Of Lwów School of Mathematics) the saddest thing that these people created the most devastating weapon in history of mankind, as Jetrel the open Pandora Box to pursue knowledge. This was my favorite episode a side of curse the whole Q- arc :D

This is not from voyager but it;s my favorite Q episode :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_AkJC92IA[/youtube]

It is a pity that there is no such interesting sci-fi series with a philosophical message.

The only such series's definitely ended recently, I mean "Fringe"
And even Mr. Spock showed at the guest appearances :D

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 4:58 pm

Three words...

Seven

of

Nine

:D

(ok,I admit it, I'm a perv)

Diagnosed in 2005

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 5:17 pm

Bataar wrote:

I liked it, but I had two glaring issues with the show.

1. Voyager never showed long-term battle damage. Yeah, they have replicators and could replace every nut and bolt on the ship, but that takes ENERGY, which supposedly they have on short supply, AND many things really requires weeks or months of layover at a starbase to do. They should have showed the ship getting more scarred (inside and out) over the seasons.

2. The crew seemed to find a technological solution to most everything. The doctor producing a cure easily distributed via hypospray got old real fast. Yeah, the ship is advanced, but it's as bad as Bewitched when most every week was Endora putting a spell on Darren and Samantha having to figure it out and save the day.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 2:49 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Bataar wrote:

I liked it, but I had two glaring issues with the show.

1. Voyager never showed long-term battle damage. Yeah, they have replicators and could replace every nut and bolt on the ship, but that takes ENERGY, which supposedly they have on short supply, AND many things really requires weeks or months of layover at a starbase to do. They should have showed the ship getting more scarred (inside and out) over the seasons.

2. The crew seemed to find a technological solution to most everything. The doctor producing a cure easily distributed via hypospray got old real fast. Yeah, the ship is advanced, but it's as bad as Bewitched when most every week was Endora putting a spell on Darren and Samantha having to figure it out and save the day.

Yeah, I agree with those issues as well. That's one of the reasons I like the new Battlestar Galactica so much. It's what Voyager should have been.

Yoko_X
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Dec 2013, 1:47 pm

Just have to say, I really like VOY, and it will always be the serie closest to my heart because it was the one that made start (LOVING) Star Trek in the first place.
It just happened to be on TV here in Sweden, I just happened to fall for it, just happened to start following it, and then - all of a sudden- I discovered the wonderful world of Star Trek, every serie included.
I'm not sure if that's why I keep defending Voyager as the best serie (I'm really thankful I stumbled over it), or if the fact is I actually think it is..
The cool thing with the Voyager series is that they have no "Star Fleet command or back-up" to rely on. Yeah, I know, they tend to solve every problem miraculously all the time, every time- but, seriously -that's (to me anyway) sort of the whole thing and charm about Star Trek?

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 3:42 am

I have all the DVD season sets for "Voyager", and it is a very good show overall. I think they relied a little too much on the Borg in later seasons, but otherwise I'd place it almost on par with "The Next Generation".

The big controversy most fans seem to have had was adding Jeri Ryan to the cast as Seven of Nine, and I can definitely understand their viewpoint. Christian or not, I'm still a red-blooded man...and a hot woman walking by in skintight spandex makes taking those scenes seriously very difficult. I'm glad they kept her brains intact though, when making her ditzy would've been much easier.

I like almost all the main characters, but it still irritates me that the real Harry Kim never made it home (he got sucked into space, and his clone from another universe was brought on board).

Yoko_X
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Dec 2013, 5:01 am

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
I have all the DVD season sets for "Voyager", and it is a very good show overall. I think they relied a little too much on the Borg in later seasons, but otherwise I'd place it almost on par with "The Next Generation".

The big controversy most fans seem to have had was adding Jeri Ryan to the cast as Seven of Nine, and I can definitely understand their viewpoint. Christian or not, I'm still a red-blooded man...and a hot woman walking by in skintight spandex makes taking those scenes seriously very difficult. I'm glad they kept her brains intact though, when making her ditzy would've been much easier.

I like almost all the main characters, but it still irritates me that the real Harry Kim never made it home (he got sucked into space, and his clone from another universe was brought on board).

Agree, the last seasons were a bit too dependent on The Borg, and it felt a little weird that Janeways controversies with the borg Queen got so, how shall I put it,, personal,, from both sides.. That was confusing too say the least..

And I can also understand the issues with 7of9, it seems strange that, only because of no Star Fleet training (read; no right to wear a Star Fleet uniform), the new crew-member is literally dressed up in spandex- not very efficient or suitable work wear on a starship, no matter who the actor/actress inside it might be. So that point of view I can understand too, but I Think Jeri Ryan does a great job as 7of9, so I'd rather have had the outfit changed than the actress..

As for the Harry Kim issue, I have no objections, it feels kind of weird, same kind of weird as the fact that Naomi Wildman is the child from the second ship, the duplicated Voyager..

(I do remember that scene where Harry got sucked in to space, but I can't put my finger on where I the series it happened. Is it that same episode as when Naomi is replaced? If not, what episode is it, do you know?)

But despite these kind of brain-teasing details, I still see VOY as the best series...

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 6:56 am

Yoko_X wrote:
And I can also understand the issues with 7of9, it seems strange that, only because of no Star Fleet training (read; no right to wear a Star Fleet uniform), the new crew-member is literally dressed up in spandex- not very efficient or suitable work wear on a starship, no matter who the actor/actress inside it might be. So that point of view I can understand too, but I Think Jeri Ryan does a great job as 7of9, so I'd rather have had the outfit changed than the actress.
Jeri did a wonderful job, playing a grown woman whose soul was basically stolen from her. One of my favorite episodes is "The Raven", which introduces Seven's backstory as Annika Hansen.

Quote:
(I do remember that scene where Harry got sucked in to space, but I can't put my finger on where I the series it happened. Is it that same episode as when Naomi is replaced? If not, what episode is it, do you know?)
Both events happened in "Deadlock", near the end of Season 2.