Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 9:39 am

Yesterday i watched this film on tv, I liked this film despite it's clear anarchic message.

What do you think about this film. Does you consider V as hero, or a villain?

Does he is terrorist or a freedom fighter?

What do you think about the end of the movie? I wonder what happened next

Monolithe
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2013, 9:56 am

V For Vendetta is a great movie i think, i really enjoyed it the first time i watched it.

When it comes to V, it's kind of hard to chose whether he is a hero or a villain, but either way, although he did many "bad" things i consider him to be a hero in the movie. He was fighting for the voice of the people, and he was against how the "politicians" (or what i am to call them) treated the citizens. Yes he did kill off some people (which isn't really moral) but when all comes to all, and what he was fighting for, he was a hero, immoral, but still a hero.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 1:54 pm

1. Hero.
2. Freedom fighter.
3. He died, and the political oppression ended.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2013, 2:06 pm

The Alan Moore comic was much better about keeping the morality of nihilistic anarchist V and fascist Adam Susan (re-named, rather anviliciously, as "Sutler" in the film) grey and ambiguous. Each had fairly reasonable justifications for their philosophy, marred by serious psychological problems and questionable acts extremism.

The film boils down to "American Liberalism vs American Conservatism". The comic was about anarchism and fascism, two unrelenting and uncompromising social philosophies, and was much deeper for it.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 5:05 pm

Monolithe wrote:
V For Vendetta is a great movie i think, i really enjoyed it the first time i watched it.

When it comes to V, it's kind of hard to chose whether he is a hero or a villain, but either way, although he did many "bad" things i consider him to be a hero in the movie. He was fighting for the voice of the people, and he was against how the "politicians" (or what i am to call them) treated the citizens. Yes he did kill off some people (which isn't really moral) but when all comes to all, and what he was fighting for, he was a hero, immoral, but still a hero.

I believe that's called an antihero.

Monolithe
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2013, 2:23 am

HereBeDragons wrote:
Monolithe wrote:

Well that depends on how one looks at it, those he did attack were bad people, not innocent's so not so much an antihero I'd say.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 8:39 am

Did you think that V was a bit of psychopath?

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2013, 4:14 pm

Monolithe wrote:
HereBeDragons wrote:
Monolithe wrote:

Well that depends on how one looks at it, those he did attack were bad people, not innocent's so not so much an antihero I'd say.

Comic V was much less discriminating in who got caught in the crossfire between himself and Norsefire.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

Alan Moore has commented that "V" was about fascism. The main character was written as being unhinged and amoral in his fight against the government that had tortured and disfigured him.