Sheldon and Amy's first kiss on The Big Bang Theory

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

CBRVA83
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2014, 12:56 am

Thoughts on Sheldon and Amy's first kiss on last week's Valentine's Day episode of "The Big Bang Theory", anyone? I thought it was very sweet myself! : http://youtu.be/vfhA1SicKbE

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:43 am

I didn't see it because the Winter Olympics was on. Still, I think theirs is a forced relationship and makes no sense. He's quite annoying. In real life he'd have no friends, far less for a girlfriend.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 4:38 am

I was more surprised by Sheldon & Amy ( especially with Sheldon actually enjoying it ) than the other big kiss of the week: Sara Lance/Black Canary and Nyssa Al Ghul on Arrow.

I gotta say, it's about time Sheldon & Amy's relationship actually started moving forward...and it was great to see Amy FINALLY stand up for herself and tell Sheldon what a massive douche he's been.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 5:44 am

I didn't watch it. I watched the Westminster Kennel Club Dog show instead. I prefer bloodhounds (which won the hound group) over Sheldon Cooper and company and the Olympics.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

Somewhat MEH.

Amy should know by now that the only way she'll keep Sheldon's attention is to go into his world and not expect him to make serious inroads into her world.

If she can't handle that, she should break up with him. People like Sheldon (NT or AS) make it all about THEM. The needs of others never really appears on their radar. Perhaps if something bad happened to Amy (car accident) and the emotional shock made Sheldon realize how much he wanted her in his life, then he would make her more of a priority, but absent that, he may never reciprocate the way she wants him to.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 7:30 pm

I personally liked the kiss, and I'll even go on record as saying that their relationship will blossom (inside joke here?). Those of us Aspies who have been able to make that frightening step into a relationship know that if Sheldon and Amy were real people, a first step like a kiss might be the door opener they both need and deserve.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I personally liked the kiss, and I'll even go on record as saying that their relationship will blossom (inside joke here?). Those of us Aspies who have been able to make that frightening step into a relationship know that if Sheldon and Amy were real people, a first step like a kiss might be the door opener they both need and deserve.

At the end, when she goes with him to see the conductor...that's what she should have been doing in the first place. About the best way to get more time with him is to do what he enjoys. It's just going to be the way it is as Sheldon rarely gives as much as he takes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 11:52 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

At the end, when she goes with him to see the conductor...that's what she should have been doing in the first place. About the best way to get more time with him is to do what he enjoys. It's just going to be the way it is as Sheldon rarely gives as much as he takes.

Every couple has the bump in the road - sometimes very big bumps (my wife can attest to that :lol: ). But who's to say that Sheldon can't learn to give a little bit more?

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 12:55 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

except every time she lets him run the show zero happens, she meets him on his terms it stays asexual and she has needs

every bit of progress they have made has been her pushing and him kicking and screaming (figuratively, he rarely shows anything to her)

Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:42 am

their relationship makes no sense and amy is so poorly written, it's not at all a realistic relationship by any means.

i really like the show and laugh at it all the time don't get me wrong

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm

Have you guys forgotten that Sheldon was the one who started the kiss? Obviously he gave something back.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm

modernmax wrote:
Have you guys forgotten that Sheldon was the one who started the kiss? Obviously he gave something back.

yeah but it was in a fit of anger/annoyance and to "get back at her" not because he wanted to or would have enjoyed or wanted to

not the reason I want anyone to kiss me, I want someone to want to cuddle and kiss me, not to be obligated or to do it to "get even"