Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

capricasix
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-W_OpKNZQ[/youtube]

I think it's funny how most people relate to each other. Almost everyone builds a social character.

Nature printed on our genes the drive to be social because together, as a species, we have better chanes of survival, which I think is logic. But if AS is the lack of social skills, I find the result of people's social skills somewhat more disturbing than AS itself.

Anyone saw this movie yet?

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 6:55 pm

capricasix wrote:

I think it's funny how most people relate to each other. Almost everyone builds a social character.

Nature printed on our genes the drive to be social because together, as a species, we have better chanes of survival, which I think is logic. But if AS is the lack of social skills, I find the result of people's social skills somewhat more disturbing than AS itself.

Anyone saw this movie yet?

It looks good.

I think the need for some degree of company is written on the genes, but the specific form that our interaction takes is mainly imposed by the culture. Unfortunately, the mass social vocabulary has been social engineered toward zero-sum interactions.

Last edited by Stannis on 18 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 8:48 pm

I learned early on that if I failed to handle the truth, the truth would manhandle me.

capricasix
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2014, 8:08 am

"Schweigen ist schlimmer; alle verschwiegenen wahrheiten werden giftig."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm

capricasix wrote:
"Schweigen ist schlimmer; alle verschwiegenen wahrheiten werden giftig."

Silence is worse; all hidden truths be toxic. you can say that again. a guy's gotta know where he stands.