Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 12:08 am

Has anyone else seen Godzilla yet? I did and I loved it! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 12:17 am

Yes I did! And I concur. :D

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 2:23 am

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 4:46 am

Not yet, but it sounds good. I plan on seeing it when it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 8:34 am

It was well done and very enjoyable to watch (obviously I liked it). I know some of the hardcore Godzilla fans of past movies hated this, and I heard one co-worker tell me they thought this was worse than that Godzilla movie from 1998.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 4:06 pm

I saw this a week ago and loved it! It had a conspiracy thriller vibe to it, especially in the early part of the movie with Bryan Cranston.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 6:38 pm

I saw it. I liked it.

But there are a ton of flaws. Lots of flaws. Like they didn't care about making it plausible.

But I still liked it.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 7:39 pm

stardraigh wrote

Quote:
I saw it. I liked it.

But there are a ton of flaws. Lots of flaws. Like they didn't care about making it plausible.

But I still liked it.

I think I agree with you. I think I liked it but it could have been a lot more better. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS AHEAD SO YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ ON Bryan Cranston was probably the only interesting human character in the film except for maybe Ken Watanabe but he wasn't in the film for that long and Watanabe didn't really have much screen time. From some reviews I've read they said he gave a power house performance but how can somebody say that when he died before the middle of the movie began. I wouldn't mind it if he died but they should have done it like at the end so that we could connect with him more. Also we don't see much of Godzilla himself. When we do see him though it is really awesome, I mean whenever he roared or shot that blue stuff out of his mouth I literately tingled. But I wish we had seen more of him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 8:01 pm

tb86 wrote:
stardraigh wrote

Quote:
I saw it. I liked it.

But I still liked it.

I think I agree with you. I think I liked it but it could have been a lot more better. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS AHEAD SO YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ ON Bryan Cranston was probably the only interesting human character in the film except for maybe Ken Watanabe but he wasn't in the film for that long and Watanabe didn't really have much screen time. From some reviews I've read they said he gave a power house performance but how can somebody say that when he died before the middle of the movie began. I wouldn't mind it if he died but they should have done it like at the end so that we could connect with him more. Also we don't see much of Godzilla himself. When we do see him though it is really awesome, I mean whenever he roared or shot that blue stuff out of his mouth I literately tingled. But I wish we had seen more of him.

All true, but the giant monster fight scenes more than make up for all that! :D

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2014, 5:07 pm

stardraigh wrote:
I saw it. I liked it.

But I still liked it.

Yep, I definitely agree with you there! I actually really liked it though. It was a good summer blockbuster. If it had come out around January or October, I probably wouldn't have felt the same.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 1:53 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Not yet, but it sounds good. I plan on seeing it when it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD.

Saw it. Godzilla himself was awesome! Even though, he didn't get a lot of screen time.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 3:07 pm

Loved it. Having seen all 30 movies (28 Japanese, 2 American), I'd easily put it in the Top 5. Aside from the original 1954 Godzilla, which is still by far the best of the series, only a handful of movies (Mothra vs. Godzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla vs. Biollante, Godzilla 2000, Giant Monsters All-Out Attack) give it any real competition.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm

History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of men...

Mrrandomman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2014, 11:02 pm

I saw Godzilla.I expected it to be okay, but it actually was way better than I thought. They did really good on Godzilla's CGI and sound effects and the idea of the MUTOs was great. One of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, we can Google that!

agoodname
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2014, 2:53 pm

I really liked it. Of course it's not perfect but I liked it for what it was. Hopefully the sequel will be even better!