Little Things that Annoy You on the Screen?

Page 5 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MadHatterMatador
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2014, 5:36 pm

I hate when sitcoms go out of their way to create awkward or embarrassing situations. It makes me uncomfortable. I also don't like certain situations when they can't end an episode happily, like in Spongebob when Squidward was lying to his rival about owning a restaurant, and of course he has to be exposed at the end. It just feels like a slap in the face to the audience.

AQ: 46

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm

Cardboard characters. Characters who are essentially flawless, having nothing but redeeming attributes. Nobody is perfect in the real world.

PigeonSpotter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Nov 2014, 10:39 pm

Cartoons that portray bears as gentle, friendly animals but portray wolves as vicious killers. In reality, a bear would be much more likely to attack a person than a wolf would.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2014, 11:35 am

PigeonSpotter wrote:
Cartoons that portray bears as gentle, friendly animals but portray wolves as vicious killers. In reality, a bear would be much more likely to attack a person than a wolf would.

You might like this. A video that has a cartoon bear who eats people. It doesn't come in, though, until almost the end. Good music too, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc

PigeonSpotter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Nov 2014, 1:12 pm

noodler wrote:
You might like this. A video that has a cartoon bear who eats people. It doesn't come in, though, until almost the end. Good music too, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc

Ah yes, Björk. Gotta love her. (Actually, I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I do find her to be a fascinating person.)

Several years ago I found out that she actually recorded an album in 1977 in her native Icelandic language when she was just eleven years old. You can download it here:

http://kickmirror.com/bjork-1977-t4157222.html

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 9:29 am

On a T.V. credits roll when they don't capitalized the first letter of someone's name. For example lindsay lohan, instead of Lindsay Lohan <- like it should be since it's a name. :x

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
On a T.V. credits roll when they don't capitalized the first letter of someone's name. For example lindsay lohan, instead of Lindsay Lohan <- like it should be since it's a name.

I hate it, TOO, when they put the credits at the bottom in order to show you an upcoming episode of "whatever". There's been times when I've wanted to check the credits to see who a guest-star was----but, FORGET IT, when it's like that. Also, they almost ALWAYS run the credits MUCH too quickly!! !

I also don't like when movies use such small font for their credits. In the movie-house it might show-up, okay; but, when you're watching at home, it's just a blur of white on a black background.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:39 pm

When something is written on the screen, (I mean part of the movie/series, not the credits) it's usually not shown for a sufficiently amount of time for me to read all of it, and it's often not that big letters either. If it's a DVD or recording then I can pause it and read it properly, but otherwise likelihood is good that I will miss out on at least some of it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 8:50 am

Oh, I know----I totally hate that too!! ! They must get Evelyn Wood to read subtitles, and such, and when SHE'S finished reading, they figure it's been long enough. I have a little trick, now.... I skim the text to the end, picking-up what I HOPE are the important parts----then, if it's still on-screen, I go back and "fill-in" what I skipped-over. That's been working, fairly well.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

Thanks for the tip, I will try that next time!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 1:25 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
When something is written on the screen, (I mean part of the movie/series, not the credits) it's usually not shown for a sufficiently amount of time for me to read all of it, and it's often not that big letters either. If it's a DVD or recording then I can pause it and read it properly, but otherwise likelihood is good that I will miss out on at least some of it.

I totally agree. It is really interesting to watch films from approximately the 1930s where they leave the words on the screen too long.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2014, 11:44 pm

Logo bugs with a bunch of crap on them. "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE)" WEDNESDAY 8/7C" or "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE) IN 1:42:43" right next to the logo. Are you freakin' kidding me?! Maybe get rid of the logo bug and the clutter altogether - like in the old days of the 1990s. ABC used to have their bug up for 5 sec and fade away, now not only is it on the entire time, but it also has junk on it and sometimes hashtags! Absolutely hate it.
One of our news anchors here in Yakima pronounces 2009 as "twenty-oh-nine." Ditto on "twenty-oh-eight", "twenty-oh-seven". I have never heard anyone pronounce it like that. I wonder if he says 1999 as "one nine ninety nine" :D

-crainbebo

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 7:23 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Thanks for the tip, I will try that next time!

Oh, good----you're welcome----I hope it works, for ya!! !

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2014, 8:16 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I hate it, TOO, when they put the credits at the bottom in order to show you an upcoming episode of "whatever". There's been times when I've wanted to check the credits to see who a guest-star was----but, FORGET IT, when it's like that.

I've noticed they sometimes do that when the programme hasn't even finished. Especially annoying if there is an important thing to notice. :roll:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 9:54 am

54together wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I hate it, TOO, when they put the credits at the bottom in order to show you an upcoming episode of "whatever". There's been times when I've wanted to check the credits to see who a guest-star was----but, FORGET IT, when it's like that.

I've noticed they sometimes do that when the programme hasn't even finished. Especially annoying if there is an important thing to notice.

Oh, I know what you mean----I hate it, as well!!

WAautisticguy wrote:
Logo bugs with a bunch of crap on them. "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE)" WEDNESDAY 8/7C" or "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE) IN 1:42:43" right next to the logo. Are you freakin' kidding me?! Maybe get rid of the logo bug and the clutter altogether - like in the old days of the 1990s. ABC used to have their bug up for 5 sec and fade away, now not only is it on the entire time, but it also has junk on it and sometimes hashtags! Absolutely hate it.

Yeah, I know wha'cha mean----I hate it, TOO!! Things at the bottom aren't so bad if they're, at least, STATIC; but, I've seen all kinds of things running / rolling / whatever..... Also, I hate it when their station identification is COLORED----if it's transparent, like some are, it's not quite as bad!! I must admit, years ago, I can remember, sometimes, wondering what station I was on, and appreciated it, when it first came-out----but, now we have a button on the remote to do that, and it isn't needed, anymore.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 12:05 pm

This is not really annoying, but.....

I think it's really interesting how many shows use the "Where are you going?" as a "bridge" for the another character's line.