Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Enochian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2014, 11:59 pm

I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the most consistently good franchise's, of all time.
How many of you are Marvel fans? What do you think of the recent Avengers 2 trailer?

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 12:56 am

By the look of the trailer Hulk turns evil in this one, which makes sense. It seems like to maintain suspense Hulk either has to be evil or sedated.

Enochian

26 Oct 2014, 1:01 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
By the look of the trailer Hulk turns evil in this one, which makes sense. It seems like to maintain suspense Hulk either has to be evil or sedated.

Maybe Scarlet Witch used her powers to hypnotize him. Either way, it look like Hulk and Iron Man are having a showdown.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 1:51 am

I've been a Marvel guy since I was a kid, and will be till I go to my grave!
As for the new Avengers trailer - I have to admit, I haven't watched it yet, because my wife and I swore we'd only watch it when it plays during Agents Of Shield.

Enochian

26 Oct 2014, 2:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've been a Marvel guy since I was a kid, and will be till I go to my grave!
As for the new Avengers trailer - I have to admit, I haven't watched it yet, because my wife and I swore we'd only watch it when it plays during Agents Of Shield.

Doing things by the book, I see. Personally, I'll never understand how you resist the temptation. :P
It will be worth the wait, I assure you. Ultron looks like he'll be an amazing villain.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 6:01 am

I was very skeptical when the first "Iron Man" film came out, but the Marvel guys have done a wonderful job with the MCU as a whole. The only entry which I feel missed the mark a little was "Thor: The Dark World". My favorite entries in the franchise (so far) are both "Captain America" films, the first "Iron Man", and "The Avengers". I was very unsure about "Guardians of the Galaxy", but it made me laugh so hard, from the main titles forward. :)

I'm really psyched about "Age of Ultron", and the "Agents of SHIELD" TV show's going much better nowadays. I'm also looking forward to the "Agent Carter" miniseries, set to debut in January...but the Netflix shows have me scratching my head.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2014, 4:16 pm

I'm going to get rocks thrown at me, but I've always been more of a DC person, I prefer the DC universe, but I'm very skeptical about what they are doing with their universe on the upcoming Batman Vs Superman where they are going to introduce everyone. Dumb approach.

Now back to Marvel. Actually they are different Marvel universe based on what studios own what characters. So right now we can't consider the X-Men or Spiderman in movie Marvel universe that they belong to a different Studio being Sony.

But I have to give Marvel credit, they started with a big bang with Iron Man and from there built one hell of a universe, sure some films are weaker than others, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor the dark world and the incredible Hulk sucked, but all their other films simply rocked and it seems like they are going to rock even harder, and I also love how they expanded the universe with Guardians of the Galaxy. Only thing I'm a little afraid of is that eventually it will all get very messy and they'll need to reboot it all one day, like they often do in the comics. But I also wonder, how far can they expand this amazing universe, because some Marvel characters just don't fit in the current universe they built, like the Punisher (that Marvel got the rights back).
But personnaly for me the most consistently good franchise of all time remains James Bond.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 4:29 am

I learned that, based on the comics, it looks like Stark is the antagonist there. Not Hulk.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 27 Oct 2014, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 5:28 am

I don't care for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I love the X-Men and the MCU movies. I watch the Spider-Man movies, but I'm not as interested.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 12:37 pm

Here's how I would rank them.

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: The First Avenger
6. Thor
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 3
9. Thor: The Dark World
10. Iron Man 2

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Oct 2014, 5:19 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
I learned that, based on the comics, it looks like Stark is the antagonist there. Not Hulk.
The films are only loosely based on the comics (and the comics are wildly inconsistent anyway). For example, in the comics Ant Man (Hank Pym) is the creator of Ultron. He isn't in this film, so it looks like Tony Stark is instead.

Anyway, I came into the thread to discuss this: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... s-Revealed

Spoilers below:
Phase 3 Titles wrote:
[color=#FFFFFF] Captain America: Civil War (May 6th, 2016); (featuring Iron Man and Black Panther)
Dr. Strange (Nov. 4th, 2016); (rumoured to be staring Benedict Cumberbatch)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 5th, 2017);
Thor: Ragnarok (July 18th, 2017);
Black Panther (November 3, 2017);
Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 (May 4th, 2018);
Captain Marvel (July 6th, 2018); (Carol Denvers - described as "the most powerful superhero")
Inhumans (November 2nd, 2018);
Avengers: Infinty War, Part 2 (May 3rd, 2019).
Wow. I mean, three films a year would be impressive enough, but those titles...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 5:22 pm

I haven't seen the trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron, but like many, I am looking forward to seeing Avengers: Age Of Ultron when it is released in May 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Ant-Man movie is bumped from its current July 2015 release date to sometime later, such as Holidays 2015.

As for other MARVEL properties fitting into the MCU, here's how they could fit into the MCU.

Blade:
It has been rumored that MARVEL is working on a reboot, but MARVEL is having difficulties toning down the violence because all the previous Blade movies were rated R. As for who could star in a Blade reboot, that has yet to be determined.

Spider-Man:
It has been rumored that Sony has been in talks with MARVEL in handing back the Spider-Man film rights to MARVEL. Since many were not very satisfied with The Amazing Spider-Man 2, this would be a great idea, but if Sony hands back the film rights to MARVEL, MARVEL should keep the rumored Amazing Spider-Man 3 plot, which could be Peter coping with the loss of Gwen.

X-Men:
Fox has done a relatively good job handling the X-Men film franchise, so IMO, I don't see any need for Fox to hand back the X-Men film rights back to MARVEL.

The Punisher:
IMO, it was a bad idea for MARVEL to take back the film rights from Lions Gate and keep the film rights for themselves. What MARVEL should have done was to shop the film rights to other studios. Best bets? IMO, Fox or Sony.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 5:35 am

It sounds like the Civil War storyline is coming up. . .

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Oct 2014, 11:02 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Spider-Man:
It has been rumored that Sony has been in talks with MARVEL in handing back the Spider-Man film rights to MARVEL. Since many were not very satisfied with The Amazing Spider-Man 2, this would be a great idea, but if Sony hands back the film rights to MARVEL, MARVEL should keep the rumored Amazing Spider-Man 3 plot, which could be Peter coping with the loss of Gwen.

Sony won't "hand back the rights". It won't happen.

The stronger rumours I've seen are for them to negotiate for Spidey to be in the Avengers, and maybe have some actor crossover in their films, but even that seems far fetched. But given their Sinister Six/Venom/female-led films in the pipeline, as well as the huge amounts of money Spidey films make (ASM2 grossed almost the same as CA2), I think it is inconceivable that they will just hand the rights back any time soon.

Quote:
The Punisher:
IMO, it was a bad idea for MARVEL to take back the film rights from Lions Gate and keep the film rights for themselves. What MARVEL should have done was to shop the film rights to other studios. Best bets? IMO, Fox or Sony.

I would be surprised if Marvel make that mistake again. Whilst I can't see a Punisher film fitting into the MCU, I can see him cameoing effectively.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

@ Walrus: While I do agree about MARVEL having difficulties fitting a future Punisher movie into the MCU, it would be great to see a Punisher cameo in a future MCU movie. {Avengers 3, maybe?} Lions Gate did a poor job handling the previous Punisher movies, so that's why I mentioned why MARVEL should have shopped the Punisher film rights to other studios. As for who should play Frank Castle in a future Punisher movie, it should be someone who could fit the role well. {Dwayne Johnson?}

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
@ Walrus: While I do agree about MARVEL having difficulties fitting a future Punisher movie into the MCU, it would be great to see a Punisher cameo in a future MCU movie. {Avengers 3, maybe?} Lions Gate did a poor job handling the previous Punisher movies, so that's why I mentioned why MARVEL should have shopped the Punisher film rights to other studios. As for who should play Frank Castle in a future Punisher movie, it should be someone who could fit the role well. {Dwayne Johnson?}

If it's Johnson, I can hear the racists howling now!