I Love the X-Men Movies, despite not being set in the MCU

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 6:06 pm

I love a lot of the movies from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (most of them at least) and I probably do consider it the greatest Superhero movie series next to the Batman movies, but everywhere I go people complain about the Marvel movies from Fox, especially now with the new Fantastic Four movie, though judging by the reception I guess I can't blame them. I get the feeling that the reason why people complain so much is because they're not set in the MCU. Sure I would like it if the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool were all part of the same universe as the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, but despite that they're still good movies, some more than others. The truth is I love the Fox Marvel movies. OK let me be a bit more specific, I love the X-Men movies and only the X-Men movies. Any Marvel movie that isn't an X-Men movie (Daredevil, Elektra, both Fantastic Four movies and most likely the new one) completely utterly sucks. Now when I say I love the X-Men movies, I only mean the good ones. I don't really like X3 and the first Wolverine that much. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves both the MCU and X-Men movies. I'm pretty sure I'm not as these movies clearly do have their fans, but I still need to ask the question:

Are there people out there who love both the MCU movies and the X-Men movies despite them not all existing in the same universe?

Because I do. Do I wish the X-Men were part of the MCU? I gues that would be cool but because the franchise is doing well so far on it's own I'm not really begging for it to happen anytime soon and plus to Fox's credit they can go places that even Disney won't allow Marvel to go such as with the upcoming Deadpool being R Rated. I will say with what Fantastic Four is going through right now (despite the fact that I haven't seen it yet) I think Fox should give the rights back to Marvel.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 12:31 pm

i was one of them that didn't mind that they weren't set in the same universe.
i boycotted FF cuz they changed history. plus at this rate, we'll never get to see Franklin Richards. Jessica Alba was on board for that...and if THEY had gotten a proper third movie...i had no doubt that Franklin would have been in it. *sigh*

as for the X-men movies. aside from wolverine always turning out as the hero of the movie...i thought they were pretty good. but i am kind of grateful for DOTFP erasing The Last Stand. maybe now we'll get a proper FIERY Phoenix...instead of the alien veiny split persona crap. of course, it's sad that Leech doesn't count. my friend played him in TLS. i also believe...in the Apocalypse movie... Sophia doesn't feel threatening at all to me. I would have used the girl they used as young Jean from the Last Stand. right now, she would be the right age for the Teen Jean in the Apocalypse movie.

but right now I'm waiting for Deadpool. he is so cool! :heart:

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 5:55 pm

I might see the new Fantastic 4 movie just to see how they're going to explain Johnny. On the other hand, the previous two F4 movies BOTH sucked and Fox certainly needs to give the rights for F4 back to Marvel since the new movie has poor reception from people who have seen it.

As for X-Men, Fox has been doing a relatively good job with the franchise. I don't want the franchise to go back to Marvel any time soon, although we shouldn't expect the first trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse until at least the end of this year.

murmillo99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

It's better out of the MCU because the MCU is bloodless and cartoony. Also just like the comics I can't enjoy one thing and ignore the parts I don't. If I like the Iron Man movies, or the up coming Dr.Strange, but can't stand the p.o.s. Like Thor (any), or corny Captain America movies, I have to be reminded of them.

murmillo99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

I can also watch any X-Men movie with no prior knowledge or context and know what's going on and enjoy it. For MCU I have to do "homework" by watching Agents of Shield, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Avengers, etc. To know what is going on in Captain America 2 or have a deep understanding of the comics continuity. You can't introduce a newcomer to any one part.