Page 8 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2006, 5:05 am

ramsamsam wrote:
I thought Travis Bickle was very As, and Marcus from About A Boy. It's odd that I kinda thought I was a bit like both those characters.

The latter one I haven't seen but, yes, Travis Bickle could be an As with an extreme interest in guns (of course) and fixation to the hate he feels for the scum.

Sherlock Holmes? Smokes a lot, takes cocaine (both CS), plays the fiddle, is extremely bright and verbal but "un"social (rather than asocial). In some movies he speaks with a loud and sharp "aspie" voice.

Some Disney-cartoons with As(?): Donald Duck, very straightforward, can achieve great things if he wants to but always loses in the end, very agressive if provoked, very hard feeling for what is right (at least from his point of view), has a lot of energy for shorter times and is very tired in between; Uncle Scrooge, obsessed by his money and an expert in making new but with hardly no other interests whatsoever, like Donald also very straightforward, especially when he gets angry.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2006, 6:10 am

what about the professor from the donald duck series ? can't think of his name now, though

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2006, 7:33 am

Gyro Gearlose? Yes, he's most definitely an aspie.

BelaLugosi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2006, 12:23 pm

Namiko wrote:
Epimonandas wrote:
Namiko wrote:
I was reading in the general forum, but someone brought up Digit, from Star Trek.

who? Never heard of the character named, Digit.

:oops: Sorry. I guess I wasn't paying attention and I don't know why I wrote "Digit". I meant "Data". *blushes*

Data is really more of a Reprisentation of Aspergers. Spock is a much better example, since data has no emotions. Spock has emotions, but they don't usually come out, or do so in a very odd way. Just like an Aspie.

Amy Reed from Curse of the Cat People is a very likly suspect. She has no friends, and plain difficulty navigating the social rapids. At the beginning of the movie, she was playing a game with her classmates that I didn't quite understand. She did not act when it was her turn, because she was clearly more interested in a cat sitting in a tree. She gets up and leaves the game. The other children express thiar frustration, and thier teacher explains that Amy is "Just a little different".

Also, Ron Stoppable from Kim Possible. When he takes an Animology test his result is the pink sloth, wich is described as a socially inept outcast. In a different episode Bonny comments that Kim's "Freaky friend is acting extra freaky!" Kim admits to this, but claims that "It's not his fault."
Ron consitently displays trouble when talking to women, and engages in extremely odd behavior that tends to set everyone off.

TheLonerLatvianAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2006, 11:23 pm

Um lets see:

Adam Sandler's character in Punch Drunk Love.
The main characters of Mozart and the Whale.
Seth from Stephen King's The Regulators.
The little boy from Mercury Rising.
Caleb from Desperate Housewives.
And the guy from Rain Man.

Thats all I have been able to see.

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2006, 4:24 pm

Jolene Blalocks character T'pol in star trek enterprise.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 4:25 pm

Chateau-Renaud in Gankutsuou is an aspie.
He's all obsessed with motor vehicles and doesn't seem to notice how upset Albert is after Franz dies.
Two clues right there.

30 Aug 2006, 8:16 pm

I hope these haven't been mentioned before:

I think that guy from Cloak and Dagger might have it. I don't remember his name but this other guy mentions to this ET kid who plays in it that the guy was never good at interacting with people and stuff. I don't remember the guy's exact words about the character but I do know he mentioned about him not being good with people so he prefers to be alone.

Sam in Benny and Joon might have had it.

Annie in Rose Red

Simon in Mercury Rising

Gregory in The Innocent

Molly in Molly

Michael in Cries from the Heart

That’s all I can think for now.

Anna4077
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2006, 4:13 am

I always thought Patrick Bateman, the main character in American Psycho was an aspie. :wink: Think about it. He has a highly formal style of speech, repeats phrases over and over ("I have to return some videotapes"),has narrow, obsessive interests and extreme difficulty communicating in social situations.

22 Sep 2006, 7:53 pm

>Benny from Benny and Jude<

you mean Benny & Joon. I think you got Sam and Benny mixed up. Benny was played by Aiden Quinn and Johnny Depp played Sam.

Laynie

27 Sep 2006, 11:05 pm

I've always thought that Greg House on House, M.D. was an Aspie. Then, in the episode last night, they said straight out that he doesn't have Aspergers. I was actually let down.

Does (did) anyone else think that character is an Aspie?

Thanks,
Brooke

Timespanner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Sep 2006, 5:09 am

Laynie wrote:
I've always thought that Greg House on House, M.D. was an Aspie. Then, in the episode last night, they said straight out that he doesn't have Aspergers. I was actually let down.

Does (did) anyone else think that character is an Aspie?

Thanks,
Brooke

Yet they still acted as though he does. They put back the carpet, and asked him if all change is bad.

I wonder if the one line, "you don't have aspergers" was a red herring? Since admiting it would give him justification to act worse.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2006, 6:20 am

I also posted this on the TV shows with aspergers characters, but I thought this would also be a good thread to post it on.

I think definently Ray from "Uptown Girls". She's extremely smart, she tends to keep to herself, she likes everything done in an exact order, she does seem to have an obsession with ballet, and so on and so forth.

I'm also thinking possibly London from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody". She does have some really awkward social moments (quite often really), she is obsessed with money and her clothes, and it's obvious she's never really been around a lot of people.

Also Lilo from "Lilo and Stitch". She has no friends and doesn't really know how to act around the people she goes to hula lessons with, she's extremely obsessed with Elvis, and she'd definetly rather spend time by herself or just with Stitch.

Tangerine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2006, 11:17 am

Timespanner wrote:
I wonder if the one line, "you don't have aspergers" was a red herring? Since admiting it would give him justification to act worse.

That's what I thought. The guy who told him that (sorry, can't remember character names) was also the same one who tried to keep another woman doctor from telling House that his cure for a patient worked. He already lied to House before because he thought it was in his best interest, so he would probably lie again for the same reason (not using AS as a justification, like you said).

The way I see the episode, it was left ambiguous. The guy lied to House saying he didn't have it (after lying to him before), just after telling the other woman doctor he did have it (who was part of his last conspiracy to lie to House). I suspect they'll leave it up to the viewer, but part of me says that House is too suave. He deliberately ignores social rules, but he's very skilled at reading people.

Laynie

30 Sep 2006, 3:19 pm

I agree, think he is playing tricks. He's been doing it all season. On this site, where they review the show:
http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html

people are thinking that he is not an Aspie, mainly because he can manipulate people so well. They have a point there. An aspie wouldn't care about that.

I think Wilson was using the definintion to convince Cuddy to give in to him, while telling House the opposite in order to give him fewer excuses to be mean to people.

Which is actually true, though, I don't really know.

glavin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2006, 4:37 pm

Laynie wrote:
people are thinking that he is not an Aspie, mainly because he can manipulate people so well. They have a point there. An aspie wouldn't care about that.

Or would one? :wink:

:twisted: