Page 361 of 1262 [ 20185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 1262  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 2:03 am

Yuzu wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
"her"

How was it?

first thing i thought of was that it was a futuristic remake of "electric dreams" [1984] which was one of my faves, btw. a melancholy movie with a hint of hope at the end. well worth watching. scarlet johanssen was the computer voice and did a superb job. SPOILER ALERT:
there is a VERY sad "surrogate sex" sequence in the middle that was very hard to watch. but that guy reminded me a lot of me. :hmph:

The voice of the computer ruined it for me. I didn't know who it was then I found out it was Scarlett Johansson and thought no wonder it was irritating. Her voice is not very attractive. Her natural voice is very low and coarse, you can hear it in "Ghost World".
It's been improved a lot though.

de gustibus non est disputandum. I thought her voice in this was very engaging, it takes acting talent to simulate engagement.

sorry no habro espanol senor. Her voice didn't sound attractive to me. But I'm a hetro female so maybe that's why.

sorry :) "in matter of taste there can be no disputing." it wasn't in a sexual way that I found her voice alone engaging, it was just friendly-sounding to me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 3:06 pm

Boyhood

I saw this yesterday at my neighborhood theater and WOW, seeing this was certainly worth the ticket. IMO, it was the best coming-of-age movie I've seen since Hoop Dreams. Even though the movie was 12 short movies compiled into a feature-length three-hour movie, I was amazed by how much the scope of the movie helped prevent the movie into turning into a bore.

Could Boyhood be Richard Linklater's ticket to his overdue Oscar win? Maybe, but wait and see.

For those who are intrigued by Boyhood and have yet to see this amazing movie, I like to think of this as "Forrest Gump meets The Up Series."

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:01 pm

EuroTrip

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 7:38 pm

Silver Linings Playbook

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:37 pm

Legendary.

A cryptozoologist and his rival, Dolph Lungren as a big game hunter vie against each other to discover a giant carnivorous water lizard killing pipeline workers in China. Should have been called Waste Of Money.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Legendary.

A cryptozoologist and his rival, Dolph Lungren as a big game hunter vie against each other to discover a giant carnivorous water lizard killing pipeline workers in China. Should have been called Waste Of Money.

if you've never seen "incubus" before, I highly recommend it. it is full of surprises.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Legendary.

if you've never seen "incubus" before, I highly recommend it. it is full of surprises.

I will look for it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Legendary.

I will look for it.

make sure it is the 1965 version, done by leslie stevens [the guy who did the original "outer limits"]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 12:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Legendary.

I will look for it.

make sure it is the 1965 version, done by leslie stevens [the guy who did the original "outer limits"]

Will do.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 1:46 pm

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Two years after The Avengers, Steve Rogers struggles with his role in the modern world as he faces the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier and a deadly threat from HYDRA.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 3:53 pm

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm

"The Trip to Italy" (2014)-sequel to "The Trip" (2010)-starring Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon (UK comedic actors).

It's released as both a tv series (6x 20+ min. episodes) and as an edited down movie (under 2 hrs.).
I watched it as tv series, but figured it would fit here because some folks might be only able to find the movie version.

If you enjoy the two entertainers headlining this series (of films/tv shows) and their impressions of British public figures,
with an added dash of philosophy/psychology, musings on life and aging-then this might be your kind of thing.
It was uneven, but the good bits were fun. It was pretty low-key, not much happens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 4:24 pm

watched the remastered "magical mystery tour" again and saw new things in it. :) "Richard Starkey MBE" was the cinematographer. the lady who played his aunt could really play a mean set of drums herself. :o :thumleft:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 6:22 pm

before i go to sleep; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_I_G ... %28film%29
saw it on tuesday at the cinema.
going to see 'pride' next week,the cinema trailer for it looked funny.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 6:40 pm

Saw this in a theatre two and a half years ago and loved it. Saw it again a few days ago on Blu-ray and loved it more.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 5:34 am

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. Spider-Man deals with his relationship with Gwen Stacy and the promise he made to her father, the new villian Electro, the truth about his father, his old friend Harry Osborn, and the connection everything has to Oscorp.