Page 1209 of 1262 [ 20188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212 ... 1262  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 8:52 am

Analyze This
Funny.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 2:59 am

Wind River

It's about murders on the Wind River Indian reservation in Wyoming.

One thing that they screwed up on, but most would probably never recognize it as a screwup at all, was when the medical examiner didn't have a clue what the word "homicide" means. To a medical examiner, "homicide" is one of several words for classifying a death. It does not imply that it is a murder or anything like that. It identifies the dead person as being killed as the result of an act of another without ascribing guilt or innocence. It would apply in the case of a murder. It would also apply to a case of justifiable self defense. In the movie, the medical examiner and the police clearly believed that "homicide" was a conclusion that the person was murdered.

That was not the only major error, but it was certainly one of the more interesting major errors.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 8:33 am

Good Will Hunting
Good throwback from 1997.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 11:51 am

Double Retired wrote:
Last night I watched:

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man [1943]
Tag: "A Death Fight . . . Between Two Beasts !"

First Universal Horror film with two of their classic monsters.

Lon Chaney, Jr. is the Wolf Man and, of course, does it well.

Bela Lugosi played Frankenstein's monster. A disappointingly and disappointing small, nonspeaking part...and apparently he did not feel well during the shooting. It started out as a speaking part but was heavily edited, which also removed the explanation for why the monster walks as if he is sleep-walking.

The movie is adequate.

Yes, I believe at the end of The Ghost of Frankenstein, after Igor's brain is put into the Monster (spoiler? :D ), the monster speaks in Lugosi's voice (Lon Chaney Jr. is playing the Monster). The Monster also goes blind (organ rejection?) and the Monster, with Igor's brain, FREAKS OUT and I think burns down the lab (???). That is why the arms are outstretched with Lugosi, and his lips move because he had lines, but as you said, they cut the sound out so all you see are his lips moving. I recall this being very noticeable when Larry Talbot finds the Monster and the Monster shows him where Frankenstein's notebooks are kept. Glenn Strange, in House of Frankenstein and House of Dracula also walks around with his arms sort of stretched out, although he spends most of his time on the lab table, strapped down. Karloff was the gold standard, but as far as the B films go, I really like Glenn Strange's Frankenstein Monster. I've always liked Lugosi snarl as the Monster. I had and emotional flash back to my childhood and teenage years thinking about this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 12:17 am

I decided to ask ChatGPT for something dark and beautiful, it gave me Black Swan (2010).

Think she would have been better off if she'd integrated her shadow a bit better to begin with but - great cinematography and story telling.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 12:45 am

Factory Girl (2006)

This focuses on Edie Sedgwick, a self-destructive young woman from a privileged background who was a significant figure at Andy Warhol's New York studio ('The Factory') in the mid-to-late 1960s, with Sienna Miller in the title role.

Up to half way through the film, I was inclined to dismiss it as a dubious production about pretentious, obnoxious people and their overrated 'art'. However, there's more to this than that, especially in the second half, when Sedgwick's relationship with Bob Dylan comes into play. She seems to have been a pretty tragic individual, dead at 28 with a history of childhood trauma and drug abuse.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 4:28 am

I Trapped The Devil.

A man and his wife visit his emotionally troubled brother on Christmas night, when they discover he's holding someone captive in his basement who he claims id the Devil. Very effective psychological horror film.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 8:26 am

Blitz
Fun British action film.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 10:24 am

Last night I watched:

Star Odyssey [1979]

Low-budget science fiction. Not unpleasant to watch but set your expectations low.

Since it was released in 1979 it would've been initially released on film. I think the copy I watched had some of the film reels out of order—the film is so "good" :roll: that having parts of the movie out of order didn't really matter.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 9:54 pm

Antman and The Wasp: Quantumania.

The Antman extended family get sucked into the quantum universe, to find it under threat by Kang the Conqueror, a multi-dimensional warlord who only wants to escape to threaten the multiverse.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 8:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

The Antman extended family get sucked into the quantum universe, to find it under threat by Kang the Conqueror, a multi-dimensional warlord who only wants to escape to threaten the multiverse.

Nice

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Opinion?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:35 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Opinion?

I thought it was much better than the critics said it was.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 8:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Opinion?

I thought it was much better than the critics said it was.

good to know.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 2:26 pm

Jigsaw

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 9:32 pm

I watched Infinity Pool up to the 58:40 mark and had to bow out.

Great film, great acting, just couldn't deal.

Way too scary for me -- which is a credit to the film.

Most horror movies don't scare me at all.

Thanks for the recommendation Recidivist.

*Files it away in Hell with Get Out and The Truman Show* 8O