Page 924 of 1262 [ 20187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927 ... 1262  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:04 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The Hoax

If you enjoy true-crime films, do take the time to watch this biopic about Clifford Irving, a man who almost pulled off one of the greatest cons of the 20th century; the con being his claim that Howard Hughes gave him the authority to edit and publish an autobiography called The Autobiography Of Howard Hughes.

Richard Gere.

Yes, he gives a great performance as Irving.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 10:03 pm

It: Chapter Two

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 10:23 pm

Kenya wrote:
It: Chapter Two

How was it?

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

17 Oct 2019, 5:12 am

I went to see It 2 too and really enjoyed it (except a lot of the end of the film which was boring without much story going on).

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 9:35 am

Independence Day
I went to the theater to see this with my dad back in 1996. I love Brent Spiner in this and in general too.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2019, 12:36 pm

Pumpkinhead. I bought it on Bluray. :D

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 5:17 pm

Lust For A Vampire (1971)

Carmilla, a vampire from the Karnstein family, who died in the seventeenth century is reincarnated as 'Mircalla' 120 years later. She becomes a pupil at an exclusive finishing school somewhere in Central Europe, with the usual absurd consequences you'd expect in a Hammer horror film of this period. Directed by Jimmy Sangster, who should have stuck to script-writing.

Mircalla is played by the Danish actress Yutte Stensgaard, who appeared in a handful of films from 1969-71, and whose main talent seems to have lain in taking off her clothes.

The following trailer gives a flavour of the proceedings:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 5:23 pm

Gemini Man (saw this last Sunday at Cineworld, Cinema, UK) Stars Will Smith in dual roles(send in the clones!), Mary Elizabeth Winstead(she was great!), Clive Owen & Benedict Wong.

Enjoyed this, as I love action/thriller films. Particularly impressive motorbike chase scene ... crazy!!

Gemini Man

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 7:16 pm

Karma.

Surprisingly good horror flick made by the Scyfy Channel. A young husband, working for his crooked father-in-law who makes money off of evictions, finds himself cursed by a vengeful demon.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 8:27 pm

Kingsman. I'd seen most of it before because my mom likes it and sometimes has it on the TV while I'm present, but I'd never seen the whole thing at once before.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 1:05 pm

Toy Story

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 4:29 pm

My "guilty pleasure" movie - it's not a good movie, and you will never see me say it is, but for some reason, it's become a minor obsession of mine.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 6:41 pm

I went through a long period of depression where I didn't watch any movies at all. Recently, with the storm clouds clearing above my head just a little, I watched a couple of movies I'd meant to see.

1. Avengers: Endgame - Pretty good. They really went of their way crafting this film.
2. Captain Marvel - A little overdone in spots, especially that body glow business, but it was worth it.
3. Spiderman: Far From Home - Pure teenage tripe. The filmmakers definitely didn't have me in mind when creating this nonsense.
4. IT: Chapter II - Not bad, but the long, drawn out "cross the T's, dot the I's" ending left a bitter taste in my eyes.
5. Annabelle Comes Home -(See Spiderman: Far From Home)
6. Fast & Furious Presents Hobbs - Fairly exciting but treading the same lame territory as Spiderman: Far From Home and Annabelle Comes Home.
7. Point Blank - I liked this one. Smaller film than the rest but not bad.
8. The Boat - A film with just one actor. Pretty good editing and effects. Not much of a story, though.
9. The First Purge - I know a lot of folks on IMdb hated this film because they thought it was racist. I didn't think so. I thought it was fairly good, actually. Could've been better but it's nice to see a horror film that's not steeped in the usual "stupid teen" Canon like...
10. Haunt - Only someone with half a brain would like this rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 8:09 pm

Frankenweenie

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 11:00 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:

My "guilty pleasure" movie - it's not a good movie, and you will never see me say it is, but for some reason, it's become a minor obsession of mine.

Looks fun. I have a few guilty pleasures too. Don't feel bad. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 5:09 pm

Gods and Monsters