Page 979 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 976, 977, 978, 979, 980, 981, 982 ... 1263  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 9:25 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Charlie Wilson's war

What is your opinion, Brother Cecil?

I really like it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 4:38 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Avengers end game (2019)

What is your opinion?

I feel it could've been shortened a little but it was in my opinion, very good! It wraps up the main story lines from the other avenger films, good casting and overall story . I recommend giving it a go! Hope this helps!

My family and I saw it during its theatrical run, so no need for a personal opinion. :)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 9:23 pm

Watched Tetsuo - the Iron Man again. Now that I’ve looked up what the plot is actually supposed to be, I would say that approximately 50% of it makes something vaguely resembling sense, and the rest is probably about like drinking a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. And that 50% is not one half of the movie, it’s approximately 50% of the movie taken from bits and pieces and added together, dispersed among the rest.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:51 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Watched Tetsuo - the Iron Man again. Now that I’ve looked up what the plot is actually supposed to be, I would say that approximately 50% of it makes something vaguely resembling sense, and the rest is probably about like drinking a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. And that 50% is not one half of the movie, it’s approximately 50% of the movie taken from bits and pieces and added together, dispersed among the rest.

I remember hearing similar things about this film. Definite experimental film.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 10:19 am

Jaws
A fun classic film.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 3:03 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Jaws
A fun classic film.

Absolutely! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 3:01 am

rewatched "yesterday" - interesting concept. was put off by a supporting character, though.

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 7:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
rewatched "yesterday" - interesting concept. was put off by a supporting character, though.

I recently watched Yesterday for the first time! I really liked it :D
Which character was it that put you off?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 7:51 am

Stardust_Dragonfly wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I recently watched Yesterday for the first time! I really liked it :D
Which character was it that put you off?

the GF of the protagonist.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:50 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Jaws
A fun classic film.

Absolutely! :D

It never gets old.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:52 am

fave line in the movie at the end, "SMILE, you sonofabPOW!!" tied with "yer gonna need a bigger boat."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 8:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
fave line in the movie at the end, "SMILE, you sonofabPOW!!" tied with "yer gonna need a bigger boat."

Yes! I found an interesting making of Jaws doc on youtube once and it was really interesting.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Watched that making of too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 7:57 pm

i long have believed that "close encounters" had some otherworldly intelligence behind its making.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 9:07 pm

Capone.

This movie, in my humble opinion, has gotten a lot of unfair reviews. Dealing with the infamous gangster, Alphonse "Al" Capone at the end of his life as he suffers from syphilis and a series of strokes, he lives in a largely hallucinogenic word of his past, and is appalled at what he had once done. The Al Capone who had been the Chicago crime lord might as well have been from some other life, as this broken, pitiable man is forced to wear a diaper, and can barely remember his loved ones gathered around him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 9:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Capone.

This movie, in my humble opinion, has gotten a lot of unfair reviews. Dealing with the infamous gangster, Alphonse "Al" Capone at the end of his life as he suffers from syphilis and a series of strokes, he lives in a largely hallucinogenic word of his past, and is appalled at what he had once done. The Al Capone who had been the Chicago crime lord might as well have been from some other life, as this broken, pitiable man is forced to wear a diaper, and can barely remember his loved ones gathered around him.

never saw it but heard of it, it was shown likely in bowdlerized form on local tv stations. can you tell me if this movie depicted his haunting episodes where the ghosts of his victims taunted and haunted him?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 9:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Capone.

never saw it but heard of it, it was shown likely in bowdlerized form on local tv stations. can you tell me if this movie depicted his haunting episodes where the ghosts of his victims taunted and haunted him?

interesting.