Page 936 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 933, 934, 935, 936, 937, 938, 939 ... 1263  Next

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 5:11 pm

^^^^I'm looking forward to seeing that... How was it?

Yesterday(2019 Romantic Comedy)
Synopsis: Jack Malik is a struggling singer-songwriter in an English seaside town whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie. After a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles have never existed. Performing songs by the greatest band in history to a world that has never heard them, Jack becomes on overnight sensation with a little help from his agent. Starring Himesh Patel, Lily James, Kate McKinnon, Ed Sheeran and James Corden

Really enjoyed this! In fact far more than I thought I would. I'm a huge fan of The Beatles(have them framed on my wall, saw "Let It Be" live onstage in London's West End with Beatles looky & soundy-likies(was very good), etc etc, but wasn't sure how it would go. Had heard it wasn't very uplifting .... wrongly! If you're looking for a feel-good movie, one with some laughs and some good music, this is definitely worth a look.

Yesterday Movie Trailer

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 6:51 pm

Shutter Island. Never got round to it until recently.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 8:38 pm

And So It Goes wrote:
Shutter Island. Never got round to it until recently.

What's your verdict?

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 10:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
What's your verdict?

I found it fairly good. I guessed the "twist" at the beginning, but I didn't let it deter my thoughts on the film.

It's an interesting premise and subject to explore and was well made in that aspect.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 10:57 am

And So It Goes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What's your verdict?

I found it fairly good. I guessed the "twist" at the beginning, but I didn't let it deter my thoughts on the film.

It's an interesting premise and subject to explore and was well made in that aspect.

I concur.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 3:48 pm

Ready Or Not.

A young woman marries into a secretive, withdrawn wealthy family, when she learns in order to seal the marriage she has to draw a card for everyone to play a game. She draws the "hide and seek" card, which means not only is she to be hunted by her armed, lunatic in-laws, but if caught, sacrificed to Satan. Very enjoyable horror/comedy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 4:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ready Or Not.

A young woman marries into a secretive, withdrawn wealthy family, when she learns in order to seal the marriage she has to draw a card for everyone to play a game. She draws the "hide and seek" card, which means not only is she to be hunted by her armed, lunatic in-laws, but if caught, sacrificed to Satan. Very enjoyable horror/comedy.

I concur.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 10:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ready Or Not.

sounds interesting

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 6:42 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Ready Or Not.

sounds interesting

You should watch Ready or Not whenever you can but brace yourself before you do so.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 8:09 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Ready Or Not.

sounds interesting

You should watch Ready or Not whenever you can but brace yourself before you do so.

:thumleft:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 10:06 am

Sister Act.
fun

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 4:01 pm

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2019, 7:04 am

I saw Violet Evergarden – Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll. I don't think there was anyone in the audience that had a dry eye at multiple parts during it. I really liked the structure of the film and how well it worked as a standalone story, even if some parts felt a little contrived. The first act in itself was great in that it not only setup the events as you would expect, but felt like a satisfying self contained arc in itself. The animation was absolutely gorgeous from the first frame to its last.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2019, 9:40 am

blue Streak.

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2019, 1:03 pm

6-5=2
The Last Exorcism
The Devil Inside
Paranormal Investigation
The Silence
Horns

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2019, 1:37 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

What did you think?
I liked it, but I think the first movie is my favourite of the two. :)