Page 519 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522 ... 1263  Next

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2016, 3:48 pm

Kind of cheating here, but I just saw the PBS documentary, Independent Lens: Autism In Love. It was really great.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2016, 11:11 pm

Die Hard

R.I.P. Alan Rickman

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2016, 11:23 pm

With the death of Alan Rickman, I know that I'm going to be watching Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street tonight.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 1:14 am

I'll try my best to summarize the batshit crazy movie I just watched: Lionel Barrymore escapes from prison and wants to get revenge on the three crooked businessmen who set him up. He gets help from a convict friend and his wife who have used mad science to reduce people and animals to the size of dolls. Dressing in drag (looking and sounding a whole lot like Mrs. Doubtfire) to avoid police detection, he uses the little doll-people as weapons in his revenge plot. And somewhere in there is a maudlin soap opera involving Barrymore's daughter who hates him and doesn't know the old lady is her father.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 11:28 am

Now, I'm not usually one for the dystopian thing, but 9 is a pretty good film, if a little short and rushed twards the end. It is one of those films that puts a ton of effort into the visuals (which were cool, btw) and world building, but leaves the story with something more to be desired. 7/10

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 12:31 pm

Homeward Bound.

jfc_csc
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2016, 12:57 pm

The Red Shoes

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 3:38 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Now, I'm not usually one for the dystopian thing, but 9 is a pretty good film, if a little short and rushed twards the end. It is one of those films that puts a ton of effort into the visuals (which were cool, btw) and world building, but leaves the story with something more to be desired. 7/10

I liked 9 too and have similar opinions to yours. While I did enjoy the movie, particularly the messages about teamwork and self-sacrifice, the animation, and the character designs, I felt like the pacing and character development was kind of lacking. The runtime I have mixed feeling about. On the one hand, I liked how it was shorter when compared to most movies that have "bloated out" runtimes, but on the other hand, I feel like it could've been a little bit longer to smooth out the problems I mentioned earlier. In the end, I find it to be decent enough.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 3:39 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Homeward Bound.

Do you mean the original one where the animals didn't talk or did you mean The Incredible Journey where they did?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 11:28 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 6:17 am

The Mist.

Based on the Stephen King novella, a group of people are trapped in a grocery store after a hole is ripped into another dimension, letting in nightmarish Lovecraftian monsters. First rate horror film that had me on the edge of my seat.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The Mist.

Based on the Stephen King novella, a group of people are trapped in a grocery store after a hole is ripped into another dimension, letting in nightmarish Lovecraftian monsters. First rate horror film that had me on the edge of my seat.

I've wanted to check that movie out for a while now despite the fact that someone ruined the ending for me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm

Kenya wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Mist.

I've wanted to check that movie out for a while now despite the fact that someone ruined the ending for me.

I think it's still worth watching.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

Punch-Drunk Love

I'm not a huge fan of Adam Sandler, but WOW, this movie took me by surprise in which Sandler plays an Aspie-ish character who falls in love for the first time with a co-worker of one of his sisters. His sisters love to make fun of him because he has anger issues.

{Example: "We called you gay boy and you got so mad!" :x }

It is a great movie that you can tell Sandler plays against type and worth watching.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

The Revenant, again

Just as good the second time, also picked up on a few details I missed the first time.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 5:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kenya wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Mist.

I think it's still worth watching.

I like this movie a lot and will watch it every time it's on tv. Carol from TWD is in it. She played the mom that wanted to leave the grocery store to get her children. LOL ironic huh?

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity