Page 1039 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1042 ... 1263  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 9:25 am

Rocknrolla
Fun Guy Ritchie film. Lots of good actors in this.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 9:52 am

Juliette wrote:
Released due to public pressure ... Zack Snyder’s Justice League ... well worth the wait and so much better with Zack finally able to fully be at the helm. This is how the original should have been, if the tragedy had not occurred. Just released about a week ago on HBO. They spent $300M on this.

I wonder if it will make all its money back.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 11:48 am

Soul

Excellent!

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 6:27 pm

ASYLUM OF SATAN.

"You must speak only when asked to do so. Dr Spector is a great man but not a weak one. This hospital is under strict rules, disobedience of those rules will be dealt with severely"

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm

Boat Trip.

It's bad.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 1:16 am

The Brood.

A bit dated, but still worthwhile David Cronenberg film about body horror. A father is trying to gain custody of his five year old daughter from his mentally unstable wife who is undergoing therapy from an L. Ron Hubbard type guru/psychologist. As her rage grows, people she has grudges against begin dying violently at the hands of monstrously flawed replicas of her child. Enjoyable movie, slow but with growing tension.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 10:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
The Brood.

A bit dated, but still worthwhile David Cronenberg film about body horror. A father is trying to gain custody of his five year old daughter from his mentally unstable wife who is undergoing therapy from an L. Ron Hubbard type guru/psychologist. As her rage grows, people she has grudges against begin dying violently at the hands of monstrously flawed replicas of her child. Enjoyable movie, slow but with growing tension.

I really like Cronenberg's films

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 11:08 am

Snow Day
my nephew loved it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 5:11 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Brood.

I really like Cronenberg's films

8) 8)

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2021, 6:49 pm

I think it was called Passengers, (2016) last night. I just kept on thinking if being on a ship in outerspace is the future, then why would a crew need around another 90 years to wake up? Their future was being sucked into a void.
Even I know now, about Life on Mars as an inhabitable but barren planet - more than anyone did before. Also, why a screaming young woman wouldnt want to wake up to a cute mechanic?; especially one such as Chris Pratt..
He did her a favour by bringing her back to consciousness; but I thought what a waste of props on about three people in a film, that had a doomed start and an insignificant, futuristic unbiased and pointless end? The script could have been acted out by amateurs but it actually played out quite well. Flirting was never really off the menu up until the point where he was almost lost in space but, at least it wasnt another Deep Impact and brought a bit of Star Trek into it and it felt as doomed as The Shining, there should have been inhabitants and there were none.
I think that post pandemic, we may see better actors but then the reality may mean that they make it less surreal. The Day after Tomorrow was one film that may have matched this pandemic profile, scientists shunned and shunned some more until spanish flu like figures start building and people cant ignore it even if they wanted to.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 9:33 am

Die Hard

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 8:54 am

Detective Pikachu
I really liked it.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 10:18 am

Curse of the Undead (1959)

It is a reasonably good film, given that it is cinema's firstvampireWestern.

Note: On the remote chance you decide to buy it on disk be sure you get a remastered edition. The previous copy I bought of the movie had such poor audio quality that it was pretty much unwatchable. The more recent remastered edition had good audio and picture quality.
Hmmm... :scratch: It was unwatchable because of my ears!?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 12:56 pm

Shine a light.

Red Raid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2021, 4:55 pm

Chungking Express.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 3:33 am

The Iron Fisted Monk and Fist of Fury (which I'd already seen years ago). I've been in the mood for some old kung-fu films.