Page 149 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 1263  Next

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:15 pm

Ghosters wrote:
Leon (The Professional) - very stylish film. Natlie Portman and Jean Reno are excellent in this.

I love this film. Recently I saw the director's cut and it's a totally different film! I prefer the non-artiness of the released version.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

LiberalJustice wrote:

Yeah that's a real creepy film. Never saw that twist coming either, mind you I never see twists coming

identity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:56 pm

Bee Movie, I quite liked it.

The_Sleeper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

Dazed and confused. Twas good, interesting to see a load of people that are quite famous now as teens. The atmosphere was nice too, i love stuff set in the 70s with good soundtracks.

g_mahler5
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

I saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie recently, great story and ridiculously cool action scenes.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:55 pm

Killer Elite - I started to worry around the middle but it still ended up being a pretty respectable movie. The only downside; even if the moves are technically good its getting hard to watch Hollywood fights, with half the stuff they're doing should have people dead in the space of five seconds if followed up properly and, for the sake of entertainment they always let the other guy up five times. :/

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

ProfessorX wrote:

You know... I think I had the comic book your avatar is based on as a kid!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

ttqs84 wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Horrible Bosses - the movie didn't fail its name. They supplied some pretty horrible bosses.

That movie's the s#!t, I love it!

I have my fingers crossed a sequel is in the works; this movie was awesome! :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:05 pm

We just watched The Rum Diary last night - - and I laughed uproariously!
Johny Depp was great back in Hunter S. Thompson mode, and Giovanni Ribbisi was great as a twenty four hour drunk newspaper writer and Neo-Nazi with the clap. Especially funny was when Ribbisi had given LSD (the FBI gives it to communists) to Depp and a friend, after which Depp sees the tongue of Satan coming out of the mouth of his buddy!
Highly recommended!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

Ip Man 2

I was actually going to give this movie a 10/10 and write a rave review on it but, the last fight of the movie gets a D- for Hollywood destruction (he gets to see how the guy fights, give another guy advice, and then only remembers his advice at the last moment......whatever).

FYI it is based on a real story, a real guy, Bruce Lee's teacher and the guy who brought the wooden dummy form from 108 to 116. He's something of a 20th century legend in a lot of ways.

I'd say still check it out if your curious, you won't necessarily need to see the first, enjoy the rest of the movie but be warned that the last fight seen has some Rocky Balboa cheese that made absolutely no sense.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 1:56 am

A movie my mother insisted I watch with her. Surprisingly very good.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 2:35 am

LiberalJustice wrote:
A movie my mother insisted I watch with her. Surprisingly very good.

That was a pretty slick movie, although it would have really picked itself up three or four points (spoiler alert) if they'd ruled out all supernatural at the end and succeeded at making that aspect of the movie in its entirety a head-trip.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

Last night, I watched The Towering Inferno with my mom and my sister.

My sister rented it and I say wow...it was a very great movie.

My sister, after the movie finished, told me a funny story of how a female extra
freaked after the studio heads offered her a chance to meet Paul Newman. :lol:
{For obvious reasons... :wink: }

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

Felicia's Journey, such a gorgeous film but very depressing, I can't tell when it's set because of the costumes and settings and that adds to the depressing imagery as it's all very plain looking. I love the story and acting.
I nearly cried at the scene where Felicia has an abortion and while it's happening dreams about her could-have-been son as an older kid.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 4:22 pm

We just watched The Number 23 the other night. I thought it was a decent thriller, with an ending I was not expecting. Who would've thought - Jim Carrie can actually act!