Page 1054 of 1262 [ 20185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1051, 1052, 1053, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057 ... 1262  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:57 am

Uncle Buck
I miss John Candy

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:50 pm

Calamity Jane
1953 (American Technicolor western musical film loosely based on the life of Wild West heroine Calamity Jane, and explores an alleged romance between Calamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickok in the American Old West. The film starred Doris Day as the title character and Howard Keel as Hickok)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:30 pm

The Lego Batman Movie

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 5:40 am

Titan A.E.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 8:41 am

Out of Sight.
I like this film.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:47 pm

Kerch wrote:
Titan A.E.

What is your opinion?

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:56 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:59 pm

longshot wrote:

What is your opinion, Brother Longshot?

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 1:28 pm

It a good movie; as, it's not gory; rather, it's more suspenseful as well, thought provoking..

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:04 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kerch wrote:
Titan A.E.

What is your opinion?

I'm not sure. It's weird. The production was apparently very troubled and it shows.
The tone especially. I assumed it was a kid's film (it's directed by Don Bluth and Gary Goldman, although they didn't some into the project until quite late) and was surprised to find it quite serious, with a few sexually tinged scenes and a bunch of blood and violence. At the same time it's not really compelling to an older audience either. And teenagers don't watch a whole lot of cartoons that aren't comedies, especially back then, which is probably why it flopped tremendously.

The plot isn't good. It's rather cliché and generic and I don't find it the least bit captivating. Character's motivations seem to change on a whim for no reason and most of what happens make it feel to me like they were checking boxes on a sci-fi and animated film tropes list.
The villains are boring and their motivations unclear. For most of the film, I had no idea what the big MacGuffin actually was supposed to be or why it's important, which is a problem. Some decisions made seriously lack sense and the chain of events never felt natural to me.

The characters aren't terribly unique. All very generic.
There's a lot of dissonance regarding the characters, too. The human characters are realisticly designed and animated (sometimes through rotoscoping) and attempt grounded, multi-dimensional personalities (not very succesfully) while the alien characters are more cartoonish looking and with undeveloped, wacky personalities. It rather clashes.

The animation is mixed. Some parts look choppy and low-framerate while others are very good looking. Rotoscoping often looks akward but they did a good job with it in this film. But the 3D GCI animated portions clash with the traditional 2D parts at times.

As a kid I would've loved it. But the plot and characters are a bit too generic for an adult, cynical me. Still, I enjoyed it because I love sci-fi and animation and would recommend it to anyone who does. I feel like this is a film that'll grow on me with time. But it's overal rather meh.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 11:38 pm

Batman: The Long Halloween. Part 1.

Animated DC movie where some unknown assailant is murdering higher ups in the Falcone crime syndicate, starting on Halloween night. Batman goes through a list of Falcone rivals, including the Joker, but comes up empty handed. I suppose I gotta wait for part 2... or read the graphic novel.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2021, 11:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Animated DC movie where some unknown assailant is murdering higher ups in the Falcone crime syndicate, starting on Halloween night. Batman goes through a list of Falcone rivals, including the Joker, but comes up empty handed. I suppose I gotta wait for part 2... or read the graphic novel.

Did you enjoy it? I've been wondering if i should watch it. Would you recommend waiting till the 2nd part comes out?

Also, I'm currently watching the first of the 3 live action movies of Rurouni Kenshin on Funimation. I saw that Netflix did a new one and realized I've never seen the others. It's one of my favorite animes though.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 12:21 am

Spunge42 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Did you enjoy it? I've been wondering if i should watch it. Would you recommend waiting till the 2nd part comes out?

Also, I'm currently watching the first of the 3 live action movies of Rurouni Kenshin on Funimation. I saw that Netflix did a new one and realized I've never seen the others. It's one of my favorite animes though.

I very much liked it, and I highly recommend it.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 8:27 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kerch wrote:
Titan A.E.

What is your opinion?

I remember liking it.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran