Page 974 of 1262 [ 20185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 971, 972, 973, 974, 975, 976, 977 ... 1262  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 10:54 pm

cfleischmann wrote:
I've seen the entire Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century trilogy and a few other Disney Channel Original Movies

What are your opinions?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 3:10 am

Them! crackling story marred by el-cheapo production and the muddiest low-contrast monochrome film stock and processing.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 9:09 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
cfleischmann wrote:
I've seen the entire Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century trilogy and a few other Disney Channel Original Movies

What are your opinions?

Interesting title. I have never heard of this film.

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2020, 12:35 pm

Two most recent movies I've watched were John Carpenter's The Thing and James Cameron's Aliens, but I've certainly seen them both many times before (The Thing is in my top 5 favorite movies)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 12:39 pm

^^^hiya Green and welcome to WP 8)

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2020, 12:51 pm

^ Thank you!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 1:50 am

greenmm37 wrote:
Two most recent movies I've watched were John Carpenter's The Thing and James Cameron's Aliens, but I've certainly seen them both many times before (The Thing is in my top 5 favorite movies)

Carpenter's The Thing is one of my all time favorite movies.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 9:08 am

greenmm37 wrote:

Both good films. I really like The Thing.

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2020, 12:02 pm

^^ It's an awesome movie for sure; wish filmmakers would still apply practical special effects the way they were done in that movie, truly unbelievable work for its time.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 9:43 am

greenmm37 wrote:
^^ It's an awesome movie for sure; wish filmmakers would still apply practical special effects the way they were done in that movie, truly unbelievable work for its time.

I agree. Practical effects are a lost art.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 11:29 am

Watched Doctor Sleep last night ... soo good! The sequel that The Shining deserved...

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 12:19 pm

Happytime murders
I liked it. It reminded me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Very ingenious and imaginative. I laughed out loud so many times.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 1:44 pm

Not Tonight Darling

A 1971 film with Luan Peters in the lead female role. She is perhaps best known for playing the Australian tourist who is groped by John Cleese in an episode of Fawlty Towers, but she also had some very minor parts in early 1970s Hammer horror films.

Dreadful stuff really, not even 'so bad that it's good' except for one or two scenes, and is mainly of interest for its shots of street scenes in early 70s Britain. The plot is that Luan's character (Karen Williams) isn't getting any in her marriage, so she goes elsewhere to 'get some', but it doesn't work out and....er...that's it actually. Oh, and there's a daft subplot involving blackmail as well.

^ Still can't work out whether that's supposed to be a joke. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 11:21 pm

Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.

Hammer Horror production of the further adventures of Victor Frankenstein and his current monster. Living now in a hospital for the criminally insane after faking his death, Victor Frankenstein has a new assistant in bringing back a monster with the body of an insane murderer and a suicidal violinist. The monster is by far the most sympathetic character. Starring Star Wars veterans Peter Cushing and David Prowse.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 8:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.

Hammer Horror production of the further adventures of Victor Frankenstein and his current monster. Living now in a hospital for the criminally insane after faking his death, Victor Frankenstein has a new assistant in bringing back a monster with the body of an insane murderer and a suicidal violinist. The monster is by far the most sympathetic character. Starring Star Wars veterans Peter Cushing and David Prowse.

Sounds interesting.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 11:51 am

Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Manhattan
Annie Hall
Sideways