Page 976 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 973, 974, 975, 976, 977, 978, 979 ... 1263  Next

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:08 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Manhattan
Annie Hall
Sideways

What are your opinions?

Kevin Smith was the first director I really loved, when I was thirteen or fourteen and rented Mallrats. I'll always love his work. I've been watching them in order and made it through Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, which I didn't care for previously. I saw it in the theater, then bought it when it came out on DVD, hoping it would grow on me. It didn't, until now, but I can see enjoy it as the live-action Loony Tunes movie it is. Quite a change from Dogma and Chasing Amy. There are still a few Kevin Smith movies I haven't seen, but Tusk is my favorite.

The Woody Allen movies are always enjoyable, full of beautiful, inventive shots and hilarious gags. I love when Annie parks her car badly and he says, "Don't worry, we can talk to the curb from here."

Sideways I've seen at least a dozen times. A perfect movie I can revisit endlessly.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 9:40 am

The Patriot
Very historically inaccurate.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:33 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Lost Highway

What is your opinion?

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 3:57 am

HighLlama wrote:
Lost Highway

What is your opinion?

I love David Lynch. I'm surprised this one hasn't been picked up by Criterion yet, or reassessed as much as Twin Peaks, but I suppose part of that is people having to seek it out.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 9:50 am

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
fun little film

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 9:33 am

Waking Ned Devine
God I love the Irish wit.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 12:15 pm

The Long Kiss Goodnight.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 10:25 am

Primary Colors
Liked it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 10:40 am

the sergeant. not for the kiddos. very sad.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 3:49 pm

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 9:04 am

Good one.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 9:29 am

anne frank- the whole story

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 4:41 pm

The Void (on Shudder)

Oh my golly-goodness, clearly I had not seen that many times, or recently, because my gosh, did I forget how much I love it. Story could use some work (and more explanation), but if you like semi-human tentacled monsters, well, this one has you covered. Right up my twisted little alley.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2020, 4:53 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
The Void (on Shudder)

Oh my golly-goodness, clearly I had not seen that many times, or recently, because my gosh, did I forget how much I love it. Story could use some work (and more explanation), but if you like semi-human tentacled monsters, well, this one has you covered. Right up my twisted little alley.

I watched that about a year ago I think and I pretty much entirely agree with your assessment; I think with a little more fine-tuning on the writing, it had the works of being an excellent horror film (very good nonetheless, just needed a bit more cohesion). Really good atmospheric horror though, I loved the setting, pacing, effects and such.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 6:08 pm

A very different Iron Man than the one most people think of these days. Tetsuo - The Iron Man.

Wow, that was.... umm... something. Yeah, it really was something. Very little dialogue, the story’s fairly unclear, and in some places rather reminiscent of... something even more bizarre and twisted, which I won’t even mention because it’s a YouTube video and I just know that if I say the name, several people will look it up and watch it, and I will not be held responsible for traumatizing anyone (seriously, I don’t think I’m even exaggerating much, if at all, it’s that bizarre and twisted). But of course, Tetsuo came first by a long shot, so if anyone took inspiration from the other, clearly it was the other way around. It was... I just can’t even describe how bizarre it was (Tetsuo, although the same probably applies to the other thing as well). Just left me thinking “Huh?” and “What the heck did I just watch?” Had to look it up to get the plot, besides the obvious.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 9:43 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:

Good one.

Yes it was.