Page 135 of 997 [ 15940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 997  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,264
Location: Portland, Oregon

19 Nov 2011, 6:04 pm

Yesterday, I saw an indie movie called Like Crazy.

It was very good, nicely done, but the handheld cinematography
made me sick. :x

About the movie, I later found out there's no script,
everything was improvised. Performances were great.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


keira
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,420
Location: misplaced

19 Nov 2011, 6:22 pm

I saw Immortals a couple of days back. I expected it to be similar to 300 and was disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high. :shrug:



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,546
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Nov 2011, 7:10 pm

Even as we speak, I'm watching Chain Letter, which so far is a low budget, but still fairly decent horror flick. The only recognizable actors are Kieth David and Brad Douriff.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



hystericthumb
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 18

20 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

doopdeedoo wrote:
Last house from the Left ( orig )

Was expecting some kind of horror classic. It's, well....it's something alright. Don't have a clue as to what wes craven was goin for.


It was nothing more than a ripoff of an Ingmar Bergman movie called The Virgin Spring

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053976/



Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 733

20 Nov 2011, 1:56 pm

The haunted airman



Jory
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,520
Location: Tornado Alley

25 Nov 2011, 3:59 pm

X-Men: First Class (2011)

Simply excellent. Makes up for the last two mediocre movies, and I may even like it better than X2.



fraac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,865

25 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

Jory wrote:
X-Men: First Class (2011)

Simply excellent. Makes up for the last two mediocre movies, and I may even like it better than X2.


That's weird, I watched that last night. Good film.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,546
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

25 Nov 2011, 4:01 pm

fraac wrote:
Jory wrote:
X-Men: First Class (2011)

Simply excellent. Makes up for the last two mediocre movies, and I may even like it better than X2.


That's weird, I watched that last night. Good film.


My wife just happens to be getting that for Christmas!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 220

25 Nov 2011, 7:52 pm

Blue Valentine.

Ugh, so depressing. I need to see a new happy movie to make me feel better. Do you have any suggestions?



Jory
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,520
Location: Tornado Alley

25 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

nikki15 wrote:
Blue Valentine.

Ugh, so depressing. I need to see a new happy movie to make me feel better. Do you have any suggestions?


Winnie the Pooh? I dunno.

Stay away from Pixar movies. They're sad as hell. Especially Toy Story 3.

I don't know of many overly happy movies, but there have been some good adventure movies made in the last few years. I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes, Iron Man 2, Captain America, and X-Men: First Class in particular.

And there are certainly plenty of animated talking animal movies, if you're into that sort of thing.

Jackass 3D is fun, in a disgusting, "I can't believe someone willingly did that" sort of way.



Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Apr 2009
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,187

25 Nov 2011, 8:08 pm

Jory wrote:
nikki15 wrote:
Blue Valentine.

Ugh, so depressing. I need to see a new happy movie to make me feel better. Do you have any suggestions?


Winnie the Pooh? I dunno.

Stay away from Pixar movies. They're sad as hell. Especially Toy Story 3.

I don't know of many overly happy movies, but there have been some good adventure movies made in the last few years. I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes, Iron Man 2, Captain America, and X-Men: First Class in particular. And there are certainly of animated talking animal movies, if you're into that sort of thing.


Millions
Babe
Local Hero
Secret of Roan Inish
These are all feel good, at least by the end.


_________________
Detach ed


nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 220

26 Nov 2011, 9:06 am

Those sound like good movies. Thank you.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,264
Location: Portland, Oregon

27 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

fraac wrote:
Jory wrote:
X-Men: First Class (2011)

Simply excellent. Makes up for the last two mediocre movies, and I may even like it better than X2.


That's weird, I watched that last night. Good film.


I agree! Can't wait for X-Men Origins: Magneto
and for X-Men: Second Class.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,264
Location: Portland, Oregon

27 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

Yesterday, I saw Arthur Christmas.

I liked it. A very nice alternative to the new Muppets movie.
You would not have believed the line just for
the new Muppets movie.

I also rented a copy of The Other Guys.

Laughed my ass off. I have my fingers crossed a sequel will be made.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

27 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

50/50. It was lovely.



Jory
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,520
Location: Tornado Alley

27 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Can't wait for X-Men Origins: Magneto


From what I've read, X-Men Origins: Magneto was canceled and elements of the script were incorporated into First Class.