Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 11:09 am

Anyone else watching it?

I recall the show being talked about a lot on furry twitter three or so years back. Then the normies started watching it, as they'd sit with their kids and see the show was actually a good watch I guess.

Episodes are only about 7 or so minutes. The main characters are just a family of four blue heelers living in Australia, super wholesome and reminiscent of childhood. Bandit (the dad) acts like a typical dad, or at least he really reminds me of my stepdad whom I was very close with.
For those of us who did not have an entirely wholesome childhood, the show can still be fun. For me, I love media with healthy families, since I did not have that kind of family growing up.

I haven't watched this many episodes in a row, of any show, in ages.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 11:21 am

I've watched a few episodes with my little cousins. I liked watching it and I think it's a good show for kids. It's also super f*****g cute. lmao

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

18 Sep 2023, 1:50 am

colliegrace wrote:
Anyone else watching it?

I recall the show being talked about a lot on furry twitter three or so years back. Then the normies started watching it, as they'd sit with their kids....

Curious why you brought up furries first like ABC wrote it for them lol. Of course "normies" watch it with their families. Its a preschool show.

I can kind of relate as a parent too. From Chili feeling bad because Bluey wouldn't take her first steps to watching Bandit watch Bingo and Bluey try and steal ice cream. Not to mention how "tired" both were after the NYE party.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2023, 10:03 am

I love bluey
It's not just a good kids show, it's a good show period. The characters are extremely well written, the jokes both by the adults and kids are funny most of the time. They consistently manage to produce interesting story lines in a mere 7 minutes.
I love to watch this when I'm stressed. It's really calming and cute gives me a warm happy feeling Inside.

Season 3 episode 2 "bedroom" is my current favourite episode. Because the whole episode is adorable.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 10:12 am

I've never heard of it.

Link?

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 11:00 am

GeekyFreak wrote:
colliegrace wrote:
Anyone else watching it?

I recall the show being talked about a lot on furry twitter three or so years back. Then the normies started watching it, as they'd sit with their kids....

Curious why you brought up furries first like ABC wrote it for them lol. Of course "normies" watch it with their families. Its a preschool show.

I can kind of relate as a parent too. From Chili feeling bad because Bluey wouldn't take her first steps to watching Bandit watch Bingo and Bluey try and steal ice cream. Not to mention how "tired" both were after the NYE party.

Was referring to the adult audience mostly, not the children

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 7:49 pm

My son watches it sometimes, and it's alright, but I think he has learned a little too much from Muffin >=(

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 7:06 am

colliegrace wrote:
I recall the show being talked about a lot on furry twitter three or so years back. Then the normies started watching it

Us normies have been watching it from the beginning.

ImagineDragons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2023, 12:13 pm

I love Bluey as do our young grandchildren

If works well for all ages

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2023, 5:29 pm

I think Bluey is the MOST OVERRATED kids' cartoon currently on TV

Yes even more than SpongeBob SquarePants because at least modern SpongeBob has gems like The Tidal Zone and SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout

I don't understand the appeal of Bluey

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 9:39 pm

Bringing this thread back to say I've nearly finished season 1, and I love Bandit cuz he's just like my stepdad (whom I was very fond of and very close to)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 11:04 pm

I've never watched it before. I'm willing to give it a try.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 11:41 pm

It's very wholesome and not dumbed-down, which is probably why adults find it appealing as well as the intended audience.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 5:02 am

I haven't seen it.

I'm not really into the furrie cult.

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Feb 2024, 7:52 pm

Not into it, but I'm familiar with it. The merchandise is everywhere.

I'm actually quite surprised with Bluey's level of success, since it's probably the first Australian cartoon to be a global phenomenon. Mostly, Australians don't export their own media to America. Usually Australian celebrities only make it big in America if they appear in American movies (or better yet, move to America full-time). The average American can't even name a single politician from Australia.

kitchenkid3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Yesterday, 9:12 pm

My nieces love Bluey and I've watched it so many times with them that I started to really enjoy, it'd really wholesome and sweet with good lessons about life and I feel the show isn't so 'dumbed down' like alot of kids shows, it has good writing I might add