Casting for Marvel Cinematic universe Spiderman film

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 6:15 pm

Rumour has it that Sony is going to share Spiderman with Disney/ Marvel. Here is who I think should be cast.

Colin Morgan as Spiderman
ImageImage

Georgia Moffett as Gwen Stacy
ImageImage

James Nesbitt as Norman Osborn/ The Green Goblin
ImageImage

Steve Pemberton as Otto Octavius/ Dr Octopus
ImageImage

Mark Gatiss as Curt Conners/ The Lizard
ImageImage

Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/ Kingpin

Please tell me what you think

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Dec 2014, 5:39 pm

It won't happen. The Amazing Spider Man 2 did very well at the box office (as well as Captain America 2) so it wouldn't make sense for them to split profits with Disney. It also wouldn't make much sense for Marvel to recast people at this stage, Spider Man was only just rebooted.

If Sony did give up the rights (and it would make no sense for them to do so), they should case a Black Hispanic American as Miles Morales and fill in the gaps. I don't watch enough American television to suggest many credible candidates, maybe Tristan Wilds or Jeremy Suarez.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:55 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
It won't happen. The Amazing Spider Man 2 did very well at the box office (as well as Captain America 2) so it wouldn't make sense for them to split profits with Disney. It also wouldn't make much sense for Marvel to recast people at this stage, Spider Man was only just rebooted.

If Sony did give up the rights (and it would make no sense for them to do so), they should case a Black Hispanic American as Miles Morales and fill in the gaps. I don't watch enough American television to suggest many credible candidates, maybe Tristan Wilds or Jeremy Suarez.

Actually Amazing Spiderman 2 did much worse than Spider Man 3 and Sony is bankrupt.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:01 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
The Amazing Spider Man 2 did very well at the box office

Maybe by International numbers, but here in America it didn't even come close to matching its $250 million budget and it's currently the lowest grossing film in the franchise. Add to that Andrew Garfield being fired from the franchise after practically biting the hand that fed him and I say that an MCU Spider-Man is becoming more and more of a reality.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:07 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Rumour has it that Sony is going to share Spiderman with Disney/ Marvel. Here is who I think should be cast.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Hmm... none of these names are sounding familiar. Have any of them been in something I'd recognize? I think that the resemblance to the characters are spot on, but I'm not as familiar with their acting backgrounds/abilities.

Ghonx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm

Kenya wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Hmm... none of these names are sounding familiar. Have any of them been in something I'd recognize? I think that the resemblance to the characters are spot on, but I'm not as familiar with their acting backgrounds/abilities.

The majority of those actors are from the UK. the first actor; colin morgan rose to fame in the BBC series Merlin, and it is quite surprising he hasn't landed a major film role yet. It is usually the trend