Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:14 am

I have mild propo-blah...Face blindess.....there are many actors and actresses that I can see over and over..and never recognise them....sometimes I will confuse characters in movies...likesay..thinking two characters are the same..or getting thim mixed up.
i am lucky that my boyfriend doesn't mind explaining stuff to me throughout the movie..

Recently we rented the movie "The Prestige"....Michael Caine...David Bowie....and yeee gads....it is is the store of two rivaling magicians...and for the life of me, I could not tell which was which till towards the end of the movie...it was sooo confusing...also, there were all these flashbacks ...but I could not tell that they were flashbacks till after the fact...

Any move with flashbacks is likely to confuse the dickens out of me....i understand how flashbacks are a useful tool in conveying the story, but they drive me insane, especially when used excessively...like in "Attonement".....nice movie but so hard to follow...I had to hash everything out in my head

So...what movies have you seen that have really confused the hell out of you??

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2008, 2:17 pm

Donnie Darko was really confusing. And that korean thing called "I'm a cyborg but that's ok".
I might have a mild degree of face blindness. If I don't intentionally try to memorize what a person I've met just once or twice looks like, then I may not recognize him/her. The first time I saw some "Lord of the rings" film, I mixed up Gandalf and Saruman. :-)

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 2:29 pm

Pokemon Heroes (the 5th PokeMovie)

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 2:31 pm

I have that problem a lot when watching foreign movies. I can recognize most American actors now, but I can't recognize most Korean, German, Japanese, ect actors. So I will often get the characters confused and not know who is who.

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 9:19 am

I can't really recall many movies I have seen in the past that have really confused me. If a movie confused me it's probably because I just couldn't get into it. In my opinion movies that try to confuse people are stupid... If you are confused, how is it a good thing?

Actually, the first time I seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, I was quite confused. I don't know if that movie is really supposed to make complete sense though unless you have read the book. You just have to make assumptions while watching that movie the first time. Most people will assume that they know why things are happening since the plot isn't explained. The movie is mostly a cinematographic experience though since there is very little dialogue in the film.

Last edited by patrick6 on 02 Apr 2008, 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 9:23 am

Can't really think of any.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 9:58 am

that new hitman film, wtf was that all about?

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2008, 10:50 am

the game ?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 11:12 am

'Babel' did until near the end when everything tied together.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 3:54 am

With a few characters/actors as exceptions...

Master & Commander
Syriana
Reign of Fire
Watership Down (do rabbits count?)

I know there have been others but those are the ones I can think of right now.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 10:14 am

"Lost Highway", but David Lynch films are supposed to confuse you. Otherwise he's not doing his job.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 11:20 am

I didn't understand the ending of "Velvet Goldmine", can anyone explain it to me? What happened to Brian Slade, and what did it have to do with Tommy Stone?

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:38 pm

I didn't understand 2001 at all. Aside from HAL, it just seemed like a long boring lightshow.

I had trouble understanding Serenity when I first saw it. I wasn't used to all the characters because I never watched Firefly.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:53 pm

DejaQ wrote:
I didn't understand 2001 at all. Aside from HAL, it just seemed like a long boring lightshow.

I had trouble understanding Serenity when I first saw it. I wasn't used to all the characters because I never watched Firefly.

you should've watched Firefly before Serenity, but because FOX buried it when it ran, its understandable. Reruns come on irregularly on Sci-Fi (usually in one of those marathons they do from 8AM to 4PM). I'd just get the DVD of the whole series.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 3:02 pm

DocStrange wrote:
DejaQ wrote:

you should've watched Firefly before Serenity, but because FOX buried it when it ran, its understandable. Reruns come on irregularly on Sci-Fi (usually in one of those marathons they do from 8AM to 4PM). I'd just get the DVD of the whole series.

I didn't know it was based on a show until after I watched it. And then it was two or three years before I bought the series.

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2008, 3:14 pm

I recently rented Heaven's Gate. Couldn't get past the first forty minutes. There were too many people in it, and I couldn't understand what the hell the characters were saying, so I guess it confused me.