What do you think its the BEST comedy show on TV right now?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Apr 2008, 11:26 pm

I really like "That Mitchell and Webb Show"
I'v recently discovered this comedy duo and must say I find a lot of their stuff hilarious. Any other fans? Are they absolutely HUGE in the UK?
My NT daughter also says I should watch "The Whitest Kids you Know?" I(Ithink that's the name of the show.) Has anyone heard of it?
Saturday Night Live fan since Season 1, and while sometimes I don't find the skits as amusing as I used to, I still always get a kick out of "Weekend Update"
What shows on TV currently can get a laugh out of you?

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

I watch "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" regularly. Some episodes are dumb, but some (most notably "Rumors", "Odd Couples" and "Loosely Ballroom") are hilarious, and the characters are very likable.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:17 am

Ugly Betty (USA version)
Drake something, forgot the name, good show.

The Sarah Silverman program, black and extremely incorrect humor. I love it!

Man Vs. Wild (not comedy, but after I know that the show is a fake, I find it extremely funny)

I've only watched a couple episodes of Camp Lazlo, but the latin voice-over is AWESOME/HILARIOUS! Way way cool. Like a new version of Rocko's modern life.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:08 am

I like a lot of the shows on Adult Swim, mostly "Home Movies" and "Metalapocalypse" and "Boondocks"...some of the stuff in anoyingly stuipid college frat humor but it's funnier then regular sitcomes. I usually laugh at last ince at The Colbert Show and The Daily Show...(but then I cry because humans are insane and King George is still in the White House)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Apr 2008, 1:58 am

Did't think to include "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report" in my list because I forgot that they're "comedy".
Those are My "REAL NEWS" shows. The only ones I'v found that are actually "Fair and Balanced" (They pick on everyone equally :D )
But Yes, they always make me laugh hard, really hard most nights too!

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Apr 2008, 3:13 am

krex wrote:
I like a lot of the shows on Adult Swim, mostly "Home Movies" and "Metalapocalypse" and "Boondocks"...some of the stuff in anoyingly stuipid college frat humor but it's funnier then regular sitcomes. I usually laugh at last ince at The Colbert Show and The Daily Show...(but then I cry because humans are insane and King George is still in the White House)

AHHH, yes, I could not have said it better. Those are all the best IMO!

burnse22
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2008, 8:24 am

Quote:
I'v recently discovered this comedy duo and must say I find a lot of their stuff hilarious. Any other fans? Are they absolutely HUGE in the UK?

If you like the Mitchell and Webb you should check out their sitcom "Peep Show", it's the funniest show around.
They're pretty popular in the UK, David Mitchell in particular turns up in loads of other shows and is up for a Bafta this year.
Peep show series one episode 1 part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePejwCWPwwg

Last edited by burnse22 on 16 Apr 2008, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 10:09 am

reika wrote:
My NT daughter also says I should watch "The Whitest Kids you Know?" I(Ithink that's the name of the show.) Has anyone heard of it?
Saturday Night Live fan since Season 1, and while sometimes I don't find the skits as amusing as I used to, I still always get a kick out of "Weekend Update"
What shows on TV currently can get a laugh out of you?

Do you mean "That Mitchell and Webb Look"?
On the east coast it comes on at the very strange time of 9:20PM, Fridays on BBC America.

I also enjoy "The Office" and "30 Rock", but if you mean sketch comedy shows, then I like quite a few: "Human Giant" - that's on MTV, "Upright Citizens Brigade" was on Comedy Central, but they still show repeats. "The State" was MTV's first attempt at a sketch comedy show and it was wonderful, but it got cancelled. Most of the cast are now on "Reno 911!" and three other members had that show "Stella" a few years ago. "Flight of the Conchords" is also really funny.

"Pushing Daisies" just barely qualifies as a "comedy" (it's a dark comedy, like Bryan Fuller's other shows "Dead Like Me" and "Wonderfalls") but its fantastic. I can't wait until fall for the second season. I really can't. SNL's gotten really good again recently. They're back to the heyday of absurdity that brought the world Toonces the Driving Cat (I bet you money that sketch was created on the influence of several drugs. Almost certainly).

And of course "Monty Python's Flying Circus". Nothing will ever be funnier (Mitchell and Webb come oh so close, tho).

Anywho, let's play numberwang (for the longest time I was the only person out of all my friends who was a fan of "That Mitchell and Webb Look" but suddenly everyone I know who loves Monty Python has suddenly discovered them).
And for those of you who are unfamiliar, above was referring to the sketch below, one of "That Mitchell and Webb Look"''s recurring sketches, Numberwang.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLW02g9i-cs[/youtube]

Last edited by DocStrange on 16 Apr 2008, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 10:12 am

South Park!! !! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

I guess most wouldn't classify it as comedy, but I really like the show House M.D..

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:54 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
I guess most wouldn't classify it as comedy, but I really like the show House M.D..

When I first heard of it, I thought it was a comedy because that's what Hugh Laurie was best known for beforehand.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Apr 2008, 4:05 pm

I have the first 2 seasons of House and have laughed plenty of times while watching it. It's funny.
Just spent a lot of time at youtube laughing my way thru the 3 parts of Mitchell and Webb's "Daydream Believer" (Black Forest Walnut Dash...Air Miles, Air Miles, Air Miles, :D )
however this one "Can People Leviatate" cracked me up too! ( Less than 2 minutes long also)
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNgmdGMpuY[/youtube]Oh Yeah I meant "Mitchell and Webb Look" :oops:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 7:02 pm

House
Ugly Betty
Pushing Daisies

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:04 am

I forgot to add: Desperate Housewives is quite funny.

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2008, 12:30 pm

robot chicken,south park and louis black root of all evil are all hilliarious.

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2008, 4:48 pm

the big bang theory and my name is earl, two amazingly hilarius shows. im one of situation comadys, ie sitcoms XD. fun, but yeah. my name is earl is a comady programme for those who dont like the laughs that come from the "live studio audiance" in the background XD. i find it amusing though. i also like the simpons but... can it still be classed as "on now?" on channel 4... i mean.. season 1...