Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Enochian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2015, 2:00 am

Yes, this is for real. Hugely exciting for Spider Man fans.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Who will play the new Spider Man, I wonder.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 5:53 am

Wow. Does that mean we'll see Spider-Man villians, too?

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 12:59 pm

I hope Fox does the same with X Men and Fantastic Four. I would like the X Men tv series that Fox wants to do to be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Enochian

10 Feb 2015, 1:40 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Wow. Does that mean we'll see Spider-Man villians, too?

Yes, the deal allows for Marvel to use Spider Man villains. I hope to see Venom, maybe even Agent Venom as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm

Here's an article with questions surrounding Spidey's return to Marvel.

http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/we-a ... man-748894

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 1:33 am

If we have to sit through another retelling of Spiderman's origin story, I swear I shall crack open my own skull!

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 3:34 pm

Here is who should be cast

Colin Morgan as Spiderman/ Peter Parker
ImageImage

Georgia Moffett as Gwen Stacy
ImageImage

James Nesbitt as Norman Osborn/ The Green Goblin
ImageImage

Steve Pemberton as Otto Octavius/ Dr Octopus
ImageImage

Mark Gatiss as Curt Conners/ The Lizard
ImageImage

Lindsey Coulson as Aunt May
ImageImage

Michelle Ryan as Felicia Hardy/ The Black Cat
ImageImage

What do you all think of my cast?

Last edited by Laconvivencia on 12 Feb 2015, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 8:37 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Here is who should be cast

Colin Morgan as Spiderman/ Peter Parker
ImageImage

Georgia Moffett as Gwen Stacy
ImageImage

James Nesbitt as Norman Osborn/ The Green Goblin
ImageImage

Steve Pemberton as Otto Octavius/ Dr Octopus
ImageImage

Mark Gatiss as Curt Conners/ The Lizard
ImageImage

Lindsey Coulson as Aunt May
ImageImage

Michelle Ryan as Felicia Hardy/ The Black Cat
ImageImage

What do you all think of my cast?

I personally think Lindsey Coulson looks too young to play Aunt May. Then again, I think Sally Field is too young for the role, too.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Feb 2015, 8:22 am

I think Georgia Tennant has retired from acting.

Regardless, Spider-Man is American. Cast a primarily American cast, not a fully British one.
Also, stick to one villain.

Finally, I'm hoping we get Miles, one way or another. Peter Parker is getting boring.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 7:32 pm

It has been rumored as of now that Sony and MARVEL have no intentions on replacing Peter with Miles. Can anyone clarify this?

As for who should play Spidey, I don't care about his nationality as long as Sony and MARVEL cast the "right" actor.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:58 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I think Georgia Tennant has retired from acting.

Regardless, Spider-Man is American. Cast a primarily American cast, not a fully British one.
Also, stick to one villain.

Finally, I'm hoping we get Miles, one way or another. Peter Parker is getting boring.

These are lists of possible villains.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 8:14 am

I like the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus, but we've seen them. I'd love to see some other Spidey villains spotlighted in a future film, like Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, or the Scorpion.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:20 am

I hope they do not make Spider-Man an Avenger instantly. Spider-Man is probably the most noble Marvel superhero after Captain America (I think they are tied, even), but there is no denying he is a misfit. He is insecure, he is young, he had some heavy losses in his superhero career, his personal life is a mess and all of that shows in his trouble handling teamwork (except when the team is comprised of close friends, like the Human Torch, Daredevil or Peter's clones who should never, ever appear in a film). I would like to see Spider-Man helping the Avengers defeat whatever disaster befalls New York in their third film. It would be great if we had Nick Fury trying to groom Spider-Man into an Avenger, like he tried to do in the Ultimate Universe. It would be awesome if Captain America or Iron Man appeared in a Spider-Man film to help him against the Sinister Six or Smythe's Spider-Slayers. But it should take some time before he is ready to officially join the Avengers.

And I agree with Kraichgauer: if I see the spider bite and Uncle Ben's shooting again, I will personally make sure that, by the time the next MCU film is released, spiders are extinct and no elder male actors are alive to portray Uncle Ben again.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 12:28 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
I hope they do not make Spider-Man an Avenger instantly. Spider-Man is probably the most noble Marvel superhero after Captain America (I think they are tied, even), but there is no denying he is a misfit. He is insecure, he is young, he had some heavy losses in his superhero career, his personal life is a mess and all of that shows in his trouble handling teamwork (except when the team is comprised of close friends, like the Human Torch, Daredevil or Peter's clones who should never, ever appear in a film). I would like to see Spider-Man helping the Avengers defeat whatever disaster befalls New York in their third film. It would be great if we had Nick Fury trying to groom Spider-Man into an Avenger, like he tried to do in the Ultimate Universe. It would be awesome if Captain America or Iron Man appeared in a Spider-Man film to help him against the Sinister Six or Smythe's Spider-Slayers. But it should take some time before he is ready to officially join the Avengers.

And I agree with Kraichgauer: if I see the spider bite and Uncle Ben's shooting again, I will personally make sure that, by the time the next MCU film is released, spiders are extinct and no elder male actors are alive to portray Uncle Ben again.

Thank you. :lol:

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 12:34 pm

The MCU is a weird little world, isn't it? Right off the bat, S.H.I.E.L.D. started recruiting whichever superheroes popped up on their radar and employing them. They play a pretty big role in all MCU movies, barring Guardians.

It's a departure from the early days of Silver Age Marvel, where most heroes pretty much started out operating as masked/costumed vigilantes, and S.H.I.E.L.D. was established as an anti-espionage/terrorism agency that would at times cross paths with the heroes. Not much in the way of masks or secret identities in the MCU.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:05 pm

No, Spidey should NOT be made an Avenger instantly. That would be a dumb idea on the same level as making the next Spider-Man movie a straightforward reboot. We've had a reboot once, no need to do it again.

As for who should direct the next Spider-Man movie, I don't care who is given the director's chair as long as MARVEL and Sony hires the right person they think is capable of making the next Spider-Man movie a good one.