Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 4:11 pm

Plan 9 from Outer Space- 'Nuff said. Ed Wood is a cinematic genius of the very highest order.
Street Fighter- I'm going to go on the record and defend this movie for its camp factor. I don't know why I like watching it, but it's so much fun. FYI, the people that hate this movie are neat-freaks.
Invasion of Astro-Monster- Godzilla and Rodan fighting King Ghidorah. What can I say?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 4:21 pm

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is a total comfort food movie for me.

Nostromos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2009, 6:08 pm

Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits is like a gorgeous dream that leaves you feeling better about life. Raimi's Evil Dead II is great fun, but is getting stale. David Lynch's Eraserhead is cool.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 6:15 pm

As of recent, Penelope.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 1:08 am

I have so many possibilities that fit so many different moods, it's hard to say. If I want a comforting movie, though, I tend to want to break out my Christmas movies, like A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version). And Groundhog Day is another one that takes your perspective through its paces, more so even than Scrooged. I was astounded just how good Groundhog Day is.

And Mr. Deeds Goes to Town... not to be mistaken for Sandler's remake. Sandler was fine, everything else tanked. No, it's got to be the Gary Cooper version. Really, for comfort movies, I favor something thoroughly 1930s.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.