Star Trek: Beyond to be released in 50th Anniversary year.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Whovian_of_Borg
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jul 2015, 11:26 pm

Personally, I disliked the 2009 movie timeline movies very much, and having the third installment to the "NuTrek" Universe released in Star Trek's 50th Anniversary year is very disappointing. There were so many paradoxes and mistakes, such as Khan being released from the S.S Botany Bay much too early. These mistakes made Star Trek and Star Trek: Into Darkness extremely unenjoyable for me. I would have preferred a Mirror Universe trilogy.

I apologize for anyone who enjoyed the "NuTrek" movies, but I wish they were never made. (At least the ship designs were cool.)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:12 am

I think JJ Abrams has ruined Star Trek. I am personally enjoying TNG on Blu Ray at the moment. I think the people at CBS should think about making a new series set in the right timeline maybe setting it up maybe 100 years after TNG it would be interesting how the ST Universe and Starships have developed in that time.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:34 am

Bring it on. Loved the last two, almost as much as II, IV, and VI.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 7:09 am

This "NuTrek" concept is based upon the idea of a divergent or parallel "Trekverse", and not on a mere rewind and replay of the old "Trekverse". The fact that Nimoy-Spock met Quinto-Spock is the only tie-in between the two 'verses.

I like it so far. It's not the same as ST:TOS, because it was never meant to be the same.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:11 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what new director Justin Lin, taking over the director's chair from JJ Abrams, can bring to the franchise ahead of the 2017 release.