Demand cartoon diversity: Cartoon Network

Page 5 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

El_Arquero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2016, 9:10 pm

Violetvee wrote:
yeah, there's a reason I don't watch Nickelodeon anymore. Maybe if they show some of the pre-first movie episodes of Spongebob, but usually I avoid it. But honestly it seems Cartoon Network does the same with certain kinds of cartoons. Young Justice and Symbionic Titan were both canceled due to toy sales (not enough for the former, couldn't find a maker for the latter). Dreamworks' Dragons series pretty much ran off to Netflix. Even the last Ben 10 series, one of their cash cows, had been relegated to an early morning death slot towards the end of its run. I think the one in charge of the shows right now basically thinks that kids won't pay attention to either action shows, or shows that are longer than 11 minutes at a time. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Let's not forget that CN also lost The Clone Wars, another popular show since it's rival Disney bought the Star Wars franchise.

For the 11 minutes thing that would certainly explain the rise of popular youtubers getting their own shows, like i menationed with the annoying orange.They are certainly short, extremely cheap to produce and they had pre-existing popularity.Then there are other shows that fallowed the route of extremely cheap (or lazy) animation+chaotic nonsensical humour like Uncle grandpa or pickle and peanut (which btw, one of the voice actors Jimmy Pemberton, has gotten very salty on twitter to critics).

Some people think these cheaply animated shows merely act as timeslot fillers.Something that would fill the slot, while not distracting viewers too much from their flagship shows.

Personally i still watch Nickelodeon because of TMNT and power rangers dino charge,though Nickelodeon's meddling has affected previous seasons (PR Samurai,for example was forced to be filmed in just 6 months).

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2016, 10:01 am

El_Arquero wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
yeah, there's a reason I don't watch Nickelodeon anymore. Maybe if they show some of the pre-first movie episodes of Spongebob, but usually I avoid it. But honestly it seems Cartoon Network does the same with certain kinds of cartoons. Young Justice and Symbionic Titan were both canceled due to toy sales (not enough for the former, couldn't find a maker for the latter). Dreamworks' Dragons series pretty much ran off to Netflix. Even the last Ben 10 series, one of their cash cows, had been relegated to an early morning death slot towards the end of its run. I think the one in charge of the shows right now basically thinks that kids won't pay attention to either action shows, or shows that are longer than 11 minutes at a time. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Let's not forget that CN also lost The Clone Wars, another popular show since it's rival Disney bought the Star Wars franchise.

For the 11 minutes thing that would certainly explain the rise of popular youtubers getting their own shows, like i menationed with the annoying orange.They are certainly short, extremely cheap to produce and they had pre-existing popularity.Then there are other shows that fallowed the route of extremely cheap (or lazy) animation+chaotic nonsensical humour like Uncle grandpa or pickle and peanut (which btw, one of the voice actors Jimmy Pemberton, has gotten very salty on twitter to critics).

Some people think these cheaply animated shows merely act as timeslot fillers.Something that would fill the slot, while not distracting viewers too much from their flagship shows.

Personally i still watch Nickelodeon because of TMNT and power rangers dino charge,though Nickelodeon's meddling has affected previous seasons (PR Samurai,for example was forced to be filmed in just 6 months).
With all honesty, Pickle and Peanut can be blamed on Disney, since it airs on one of their channels. And there are some of those types of shows that are pretty good. Didn't We Bare Bears start off as a web animation? And I honestly can't tell what CN's "flagship" show is right now, but it's probably the one everyone here agrees needs to go. I can't even find Adventure Time reruns on there anymore.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 6:33 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:
For anyone that likes old Nickelodeon cartoons, watch the Splat. It's a block on Teennick that airs 90's-00's Nickelodeon shows late at night.

i watch it. thank you Nickelodeon!

I find CN's Boomerang channel to be WAY better since it's an entire channel about old CN cartoons (mostly Hanna Barbera cartoons like Scooby Doo)

I just checked this weeks schedule of Boomerang... and it looks like a healthy schedule. it's what CN should be. and it looks more structured and not so random like CN....LOL it's a mix of old and current toons. wabbit, pokemon and ttg are on the schedule but in better amounts...

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 7:32 am

Simmian7 wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:
For anyone that likes old Nickelodeon cartoons, watch the Splat. It's a block on Teennick that airs 90's-00's Nickelodeon shows late at night.

I find CN's Boomerang channel to be WAY better since it's an entire channel about old CN cartoons (mostly Hanna Barbera cartoons like Scooby Doo)

I just checked this weeks schedule of Boomerang... and it looks like a healthy schedule. it's what CN should be. and it looks more structured and not so random like CN....LOL it's a mix of old and current toons. wabbit, pokemon and ttg are on the schedule but in better amounts...

I wish I could've said the same thing about the NickToons channel. :(

Thouh come to think of it, It has some interesting shows like the new Digmon series, Power Rangers, Dragon Ball Z Kai ect. So it isn't like Cartoon Network's endless spamming of Uncle Granpa and Teen Titans Go!

-Thomas Jefferson

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Feb 2016, 12:37 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

I wish I could've said the same thing about the NickToons channel. :(

Thouh come to think of it, It has some interesting shows like the new Digmon series, Power Rangers, Dragon Ball Z Kai ect. So it isn't like Cartoon Network's endless spamming of Uncle Granpa and Teen Titans Go!
That's true but the only two shows I watch on there are Spongebob & Rabbids Invasion. I don't go out of my way to watch Spongebob(I mostly watch when there's nothing else on) & Rabbids doesn't get shown very often at all; it went like 6months or more without being shown on any Nick channel after the last season ended. I quit watching Nick by the time I graduated high-school in 2001. I didn't start again till they were showing iCarly. The only other show I watched on Nick sense then is Sam & Cat.

I never heard of Boomerang till I saw this thread. It's not something Comcast carries, at least in my area anyways.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm

i'm so close to 200 signatures. I'm sure there are many more people out there that agree with me. so c'mon...sign it, speak up! demand #CartoonDiversity!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 6:34 pm

There's a site called Funnier Moments that has some old cartoon series that you can watch & they have some of the old Cartoon Network shows in addition to other shows. http://www.funniermoments.com/show.php? ... toonplanet

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 9:59 am

Cartoon Network can drown into the dregs of television for all I care, not too happy about their behavior concerning Metalocalypse. They're outright trying to prevent the creator from releasing the conclusion of the show...bought the rights and wont have it released on their channel or any others if they can help it.

:evil:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 8:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Cartoon Network can drown into the dregs of television for all I care, not too happy about their behavior concerning Metalocalypse. They're outright trying to prevent the creator from releasing the conclusion of the show...bought the rights and wont have it released on their channel or any others if they can help it.

:evil:

Damn, I was wondering what happened there.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:59 pm

Since we are all talking about Cartoon Network's Corruption and questionable bussiness practices, What do you guys think of the new Powerpuff girls? Y'know, the one where they are twerking? :roll:

If one thing is certain, it's that Cartoon Network definitely doesn't like to support shows Like Steven Universe and Adventure Time, both of which, quite ironically, are the shows that most likely give them the real money.

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 4:02 pm

^Well, what has the world come to? :lol:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 4:58 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Since we are all talking about Cartoon Network's Corruption and questionable bussiness practices, What do you guys think of the new Powerpuff girls? Y'know, the one where they are twerking? :roll:

If one thing is certain, it's that Cartoon Network definitely doesn't like to support shows Like Steven Universe and Adventure Time, both of which, quite ironically, are the shows that most likely give them the real money.

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?! TWERKING?! REALLY?!

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:

With regards to the new PPG cartoon, I honestly believe that it depends on the episode. Still pissed they got rid of Ms. Bellum though, apparently because she didn't fit what they were going for. Never mind that she, along with Ms. Keane, was a great mother figure for the girls and was awesome in her own right. But whatevs. Doesn't change the fact that they seem to totally be dating themselves, moreso than the original.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2016, 12:17 am

Violetvee wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:

With regards to the new PPG cartoon, I honestly believe that it depends on the episode. Still pissed they got rid of Ms. Bellum though, apparently because she didn't fit what they were going for. Never mind that she, along with Ms. Keane, was a great mother figure for the girls and was awesome in her own right. But whatevs. Doesn't change the fact that they seem to totally be dating themselves, moreso than the original.
The original PPG was OK but this new version looks horrible. I don't understand why networks remake shows instead of just showing the old series to a new audience. It'll be ALOT cheaper & old fans would watch it too.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2016, 12:39 am

nick007 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:

The original PPG was OK but this new version looks horrible. I don't understand why networks remake shows instead of just showing the old series to a new audience. It'll be ALOT cheaper & old fans would watch it too.
Dang it, I had this super long post ready in response to this, but then something happened and I lost it all. Stupid Captcha and stupid phone. Oh well.

Short version: sometimes a series was super popular in its original run and the people who hold the rights for may decide later on, years later, that they want to vring it back and figure they'll fet more ratings if they update it for a modern audience. That's why we have a new PPG cartoon that's a bit dated with the memes, and why we have a new version of The Odd Couple on CBS.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 6:05 am

I don't care for any of the current stock of CN shows (especially not Steven Universe, ugh I can't stand that show) I wish CN would do what Nick did and have a block, or prefferebly a whole channel, to air their classic shows from the 90's to the early 2000's. I know they have boomerang, but it it's pretty much a dumping ground for shows who are on "death row".

As for the NuPPG, it's plain and simply internet pandering. Twerking, memes, it's all done simply to appeal to the tween demographic. NuPPG is bad simply for the lack of trying (and removing a character for dumb reasons), but arguably TTG is much worse for it activity tries to insult you. I'm not even a fan of the original but I know that it (TTG) has insulted the fans of the original on several occasions.