Demand cartoon diversity: Cartoon Network

Page 6 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2016, 10:42 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
I don't care for any of the current stock of CN shows (especially not Steven Universe, ugh I can't stand that show) I wish CN would do what Nick did and have a block, or prefferebly a whole channel, to air their classic shows from the 90's to the early 2000's. I know they have boomerang, but it it's pretty much a dumping ground for shows who are on "death row".

As for the NuPPG, it's plain and simply internet pandering. Twerking, memes, it's all done simply to appeal to the tween demographic. NuPPG is bad simply for the lack of trying (and removing a character for dumb reasons), but arguably TTG is much worse for it activity tries to insult you. I'm not even a fan of the original but I know that it (TTG) has insulted the fans of the original on several occasions.
While I will respectfully disagree with your opinion of Steven Universe (definitely one of the better shows on CN IMO), I will agree that Boomerang has become the dumping ground for shows on "death row." Especially since they put Ben 10 Omniverse on Boomerang before the series had even finished airing on the main network itself. Makes me sad that I don't even get Boomerang in the first place. At least a lot of the old cartoons are on Netflix though.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
I don't care for any of the current stock of CN shows (especially not Steven Universe, ugh I can't stand that show) I wish CN would do what Nick did and have a block, or prefferebly a whole channel, to air their classic shows from the 90's to the early 2000's. I know they have boomerang, but it it's pretty much a dumping ground for shows who are on "death row".

As for the NuPPG, it's plain and simply internet pandering. Twerking, memes, it's all done simply to appeal to the tween demographic. NuPPG is bad simply for the lack of trying (and removing a character for dumb reasons), but arguably TTG is much worse for it activity tries to insult you. I'm not even a fan of the original but I know that it (TTG) has insulted the fans of the original on several occasions.
While I will respectfully disagree with your opinion of Steven Universe (definitely one of the better shows on CN IMO), I will agree that Boomerang has become the dumping ground for shows on "death row." Especially since they put Ben 10 Omniverse on Boomerang before the series had even finished airing on the main network itself. Makes me sad that I don't even get Boomerang in the first place. At least a lot of the old cartoons are on Netflix though.

Steven Universe just isn't my cup of tea, ok? :)

Really? The only old CN show I can find on Netflix is Courage. What other ones are on there?

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Really? The only old CN show I can find on Netflix is Courage. What other ones are on there?

Let's see... Chowder's on there, Powerpuff Girls is on there, Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc is on there, Star Wars the Clone Wars is on there (the CGI one, the one that was airing when Disney acquired Lucasfilm), Totally Spies is on there and the Total Drama series as well. Along with a number of other Canadian cartoons as well. The first three Ben 10 series, and KND used to be on there too, but I think they got removed.

Oh, and Uncle Grandpa's on Netflix as well, but I don't think any of us really care for that show.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:30 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Let's see... Chowder's on there, Powerpuff Girls is on there, Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc is on there, Star Wars the Clone Wars is on there (the CGI one, the one that was airing when Disney acquired Lucasfilm), Totally Spies is on there and the Total Drama series as well. Along with a number of other Canadian cartoons as well. The first three Ben 10 series, and KND used to be on there too, but I think they got removed.

Oh, and Uncle Grandpa's on Netflix as well, but I don't think any of us really care for that show.

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know, of those the ones I am interested in are Courage, PPG and Clone Wars.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2016, 1:32 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know, of those the ones I am interested in are Courage, PPG and Clone Wars.

I forgot to also mention Young Justice, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited as well. In case you were interested in any of those.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:48 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

I forgot to also mention Young Justice, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited as well. In case you were interested in any of those.

Nah, I don't care for super hero stuff, thanks though.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2016, 1:53 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Nah, I don't care for super hero stuff, thanks though.

No worries. Kinda just mentioned it in case others wanted to know. Any other shows you might be interested in you could try looking for on hulu. Otherwise you'll have to find them on a different streaming site.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:08 pm

Ah ok.

Ya I have Hulu and I need to get around to looking for shows I like on it.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 11:28 am

this is so awesome....i have just recently hit the 200 mark. let's keep going y'all!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm

Signed it.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 5:01 pm

Sometimes, I feel like the only aspie on here that actually likes Total Drama, but that's not to say that I didn't adore some of the older cartoons that were on there, as well.

At least CN only really airs Total Drama around the Summertime, because that way, viewers like me are able to look forward to it a lot more. It's more special to me, that way.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 7:48 pm

[quote="FluttercordAspie93"]Sometimes, I feel like the only aspie on here that actually likes Total Drama,

No your not..

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 7:09 pm

i love Total Drama.... i wish they would bring it back. and put TTG on hiatus, i'm sick of that show now.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

bring back Looney Toons :P

can't stand new animation!

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 12:17 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I'm not a fan of the "bean head" 2010's cartoon style that is really popular right now. Remember back during the 90's and early 2000's, when each Cartoon had its own artsyle and feel to it? Now its like you can take a character from a current show and put them in another current show and you'd never know the difference.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2016, 12:22 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I'm not a fan of the "bean head" 2010's cartoon style that is really popular right now. Remember back during the 90's and early 2000's, when each Cartoon had its own artsyle and feel to it? Now its like you can take a character from a current show and put them in another current show and you'd never know the difference.
I have to agree, for the most part. While there are still cartoons that have their own art style today, regardless of the target audience, almost every cartoon on CN looks the same. The ones that really stand out on CN due to the style are the ones the network likes to screw over.