Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 4:23 pm

First, this film is AMAZING. My faith in Hollywood's sci fi industry is RESTORED....

And second, something says Aspie to me about River.

Yes, She's telepathic, and that could be used to explain why shes so strange and makes strange comments, but, think about it, what would be the PERFECT responce to being unable to understand from body language what others are thinking? Yes, thats right, reading their minds.

Plus, to quote, just after a major battle on a planet, and a chase.

"River, are you okay?"
"I swallowed a bug."

Something about that says Aspie to me.

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2005, 1:01 pm

Quote:
Plus, to quote, just after a major battle on a planet, and a chase.

"River, are you okay?"
"I swallowed a bug."

Something about that says Aspie to me.

Its not just you

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 6:34 am

Cool movie!! !

Oh, an i thort the same about River, but thats probably cos u mentioned it so i noticed it more after that.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 8:56 am

Assassin wrote:
Cool movie!! !

Oh, an i thort the same about River, but thats probably cos u mentioned it so i noticed it more after that.

For those who don't get this comment, Assassin and I know each other in person, and indeed, he was the person to come with me to the film (mostly cause NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO GO :evil: )

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 3:58 am

BlackLiger wrote:
Assassin wrote:
Cool movie!! !

For those who don't get this comment, Assassin and I know each other in person, and indeed, he was the person to come with me to the film (mostly cause NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO GO :evil: )

lol

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2005, 12:45 pm

There loss best movie ever then I’m probably biased as it is currently at the top of my obsessive topics list

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 12:48 pm

Well, its 1 of the films that made my FILM LIST

Only films on there are all time greats by my standards. I may post it up 1 day.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2005, 6:29 am

BlackLiger wrote:
Well, its 1 of the films that made my FILM LIST

Only films on there are all time greats by my standards. I may post it up 1 day.

lol

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2007, 2:58 pm

I loved Serenity, Best film I've ever seen, and probably will ever seen now that Joss Whedon is now longer doing Wonderwoman (so underappriciate in his own time, all the greats are!)

Okay, I admit, I'm biased, I'm a Whedonite, I'd read a cereal box if he wrote it, (those Riboflavens would be total metaphors for something or other!) okay I often read cereal boxes when I have nothing to real, but still it would be a far superior cereal box read!

I loved the polital metaphor that ran through it, with the reavers and those that made them, very familar to our time, i'll say no more....

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 12:21 pm

This was an amazing film. Long awaited by us loyalists who faithfully watched teh show from day one.

KingMichael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2007, 12:31 pm

I thought Serenity was a little disappointing. I heard great things about it, so I watched Firefly first just to be able to see and understand the movie. Then I watched Serenity. I ended up liking Firefly better.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

25 Aug 2007, 6:43 pm

BlackLiger wrote:
First, this film is AMAZING. My faith in Hollywood's sci fi industry is RESTORED....

And second, something says Aspie to me about River.

Eh, so being experimented on and lobotomised (which is the reason River is the way she is) makes one an Aspie?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 12:22 pm

KingMichael wrote:
I thought Serenity was a little disappointing. I heard great things about it, so I watched Firefly first just to be able to see and understand the movie. Then I watched Serenity. I ended up liking Firefly better.

Firefly is the best series Ive ever seen in my opinion, I guess in the film they didnt have the time to build up the story line that whats-his-face he also did Buffy does so well, so it was a bit rushed, like it should have taken another two series of Firefly building up the character relationships till they got to where the film got in a couple of short hours.

Just shows the harm NTs are doing to the world when they can watch Big Brother endlessly but something as perfect as Firefly gets axed!

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2007, 2:12 pm

Joss Whedon is just a really great writer, his characterizations are awesome and his sense of humor is spot-on. I just finished re-watching Firefly last night and have seen Serenity 3 times, Fox made a giant mistake cancelling this show. Check out Whedon's other work: the 7 seasons of the Buffy TV show, The season 8 Buffy comic, the Astonishing X-Men comic (most recomended, not just for mutant fanboys), and the latest story arc of the Marvel comic "Runaways". Bittorent....Im not suggesting it :D

this is a kick http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1790

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

04 Oct 2007, 8:59 pm

I liked the Firefly series better than Serenity as well. I started feeling out of sync with Serenity with the young Summer who I thought acted too obvious with the stylus swinging and the teacher's outfit just bugged me. Also the actor who played the hacker bugged me.