Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

extractor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2011, 9:51 pm

What movie(or series) scenes do you like the most?

Ill start.

One of my favorite scenes is from the movie Battle Royale where the bad guy kills the bad girl. As our anti-hero shoots our anti-heroine she repeatedly tries to get up and charge back at him with a sickle(google it). When she finaly falls dead to the ground the classical piece; Ouverture No.3 by J. S. Bach, one minute into the song plays. Its so beautiful... Oh, and the girl is totaly hot. Theres something very sexy when cute japanese girls in school uniform shoot at eachother.

Then you have the Texas Chainsaw Massacre from 1974. You can just watch the scene right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sfs1ix- ... re=related

But for those who fear some ugly s**t ill type it down for you.
In this scene Sally(the protagonist), bound to a chair and gagged in the end of a dinner table, wakes up after having fainted earlier. It takes her a minute before she realises where she is. She then yells in panic while two of the three weirdos present taunt and howl like wolfs. She then tries to reach out to the one who seems sane enough(the oldest brother) to make the other two stop, asking them not to kill her. The younger brother tells her: "Its me and leatherface(ret*d brother with a chainsaw) who does all the work, hes just the cook!". The older brother gets angry, stands up and they yell at eachother. He then sits down again and says "I just can't take no pleasure in killing..". He turns to Sally and tell her: "Theres some things you gotta do. Dosent mean you have to like it.".
Sally cries "please, please" and the younger brothers start to moch her by mimicing her cries. She then totaly panics and it gets really intense. Loads of great close ups of her desperation while the trio mocks and laugh at her. Theres some weird music playing which intensifies the scene. Its a really good movie. One of the best in my opinion. The three weirdos who runs this horrorhouse are brilliant characters based on a man called Ed Gein who also influensed the movie Psycho and buffalo bill in silence of the lambs. One thing that makes this movie so great are the bizarre characters. In the remake they try to hard to make logic out of the family and it totaly ruins everything for me. I don't need the movie to tell me the main monster has a skin disease that makes him make masks out of peoples faces like they do in the remake. Their psychopathic nature is reason enough.

Last edited by extractor on 25 Apr 2011, 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:01 pm

In the movie "Dirty Harry" when Harry foils the bank robbery and he asks the robber if he fired 6 shots or only 5 shots. and just about any scene with Johnny in the movie Airplane!

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 11:29 pm

I learned to play the piano because of this film.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s456Riv-lCo[/youtube]

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 2:29 am

In the movie "Dirty Harry" when Harry foils the bank robbery and he asks the robber if he fired 6 shots or only 5 shots. and just about any scene with Johnny in the movie Airplane!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 6:37 am

Ferris Buehler's Day Off.

When the red sports car jumps up over a little rise in the road in slow motion with the Star Wars theme playing.

ruveyn

Austerlust
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

Oh for me there are so many but for now and from the top of my head:

1. The opening scene from "Das Boot" when you can hear the score by Klaus Doldinger and see the Uboat emerge through the water heading towards the camera

2. The opening scene from "The English Patient" that shows the plane gets shot down, such a lovely movie.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 5:13 pm

The "replica" scene in Snatch when Vin, Sol and Tyrone try to confront Bullet Tooth Tony and just about any other scene in Snatch, especially Tyrone trying to get out of the car and Vin and Sol's exchange about the shotgun.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:24 pm

The climactic scene of The Empire Strikes Back, in which Darth Vader asks the wounded Luke, "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father."
To which Luke, while trying to find some means of escape says, "He told me enough; he told me you killed him."
To which Vader intones: "No. I am your father."

Or from Return Of The Jedi, in which Luke comes to Vader on the moon of Endor, hoping to convince him to leave the Emperor's side.
Vader: "The Emperor is expecting you."
Luke: "Yes, I know, father."
Vader: "So, you've accepted the truth."
Luke: "I've accepted you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father."
Vader: "That name no longer holds any meaning for me."
Luke: "It's the name of your true self; you've only forgotten."

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 3:28 am

I'm a huge fan of Andrei Tarkovsky. This is a couple scenes from his amazing personal film "The Mirror".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pu49SYGRnk[/youtube]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 5:59 am

the conclusion [or was it the climax?] of "Carousel" where [killed] billy bigelow makes his peace with his fate, and in one last act of love, he spiritually communes with his gal julie jordan and releases her from his heart, before ascending to heaven.
this ties with the end of "Always" where [killed] pete sandich spiritually communes with his gal dorinda, releasing her from his heart, and then ascends to heaven.
both those beautiful scenes made me weep fat tears.

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2011, 8:36 am

One of my all time favourite scenes from the film Shaun of the Dead (warning: clip features violence and language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTR-cG5W1I

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 6:11 pm

The American Astronaut (hertz donut scene) (Note there is a bit of "language" in this scene just in case you are easily offended.)

Pretty much any scene from this film could classify as one of my favorite scenes of all time. Yeah, okay, I know I'm weird.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLZ9rTzLURw[/youtube]

Michael28
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2011, 7:10 pm

I LOVE this thread. :D

The opening scene in Mission Impossible 3 where he asks where the rabbits foot is. I could watch it over and over again.

Fight Club. All of it.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, where Joel regrets going through with erasing Clementine and begs to take it back. Also The scene where Clementine tells the story about the ugly doll.

Alice In Wonderland (the Disney version)...the tea party. Enough said. :D

I could write a book on all the movie scenes I love. These are the ones I can't go a week without watching.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 5:04 am

hmm... This is a very good question, and one that I will have to think about a bit more, so don't be surprised if more answers come...

But, off the top of my head.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The first scene with Jack Sparrow when he's sailing into Port Royal on a sinking ship. Just struck me as one of the best character introductions in movie history.

Mimi-o Sumaseba (Whispers of the Heart): When Seiji and Shizuku are having a little jam in the basement and Seiji's grandfather and his band join in, they're all doing "Country Road".

Black Rain: When one of the other characters looks through the window and the heroine is sitting on the floor and pulling out her hair. That scene stuck with me forever afterwards and was really so haunting even though I remember very little else about the movie.

More later, I'm sure. :wink:

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 6:37 pm

The first clip in this..Audrey has so much emotion in her eyes,even in black and white,she is just unforgettable,really was a revolutionary actress. :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yre5C7IIxJU[/youtube]

Tilda Swinton in Io Sono L'Amore...but especially this stalking scene haha
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pirU41ZK6-M[/youtube]

Katharine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story..remarkable!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2DKZ-2m74[/youtube]

scottmyers14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2011, 10:19 pm

Favorite scenes

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Harry teaching the students doing the patronus charm and the battle at the ministry of magic.

Toy Story: The opening scene when Andy's playing with his toys

The Matrix: The lobby shootout scene