X-Men: First Class 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
X-Men: Days of Future Past 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
X-Men: Apocalypse 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 8:07 am

I didn't include any of the spin off movies because I knew everyone would choose Deadpool and I wanted to which actual X-Men movie is considered the best.
1) X-Men: Days of Future Past
2) X-Men: First Class
3) X2
4) Tie between X-Men & X-Men: Apocalypse
5) X-Men: The Last Stand

I know for a fact that Apocalypse wasn't as well received as most of its predecessors but I still think it's a solid movie though not without its mistakes and I'm still debating whether it's better than the original movie which is also a good movie but nothing amazing and Apocalypse felt more like an X-Men movie than X-Men did but I could still like X-Men more.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 11:51 am

Here's my list:
Days of Future Past
First Class
X1/X2 [I can't decide between them.]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2016, 11:18 pm

I only seen the 1st one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 10:10 pm

i chose Apocalypse....because Wolverine wasn't the hero that saves the day in the movie. Magneto said it best in X1..."it's not always about you". i am sick of wolverine now because of everyone making him the hero of not only the x-men movies...but also his own solo films.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 10:23 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
i chose Apocalypse....because Wolverine wasn't the hero that saves the day in the movie. Magneto said it best in X1..."it's not always about you". i am sick of wolverine now because of everyone making him the hero of not only the x-men movies...but also his own solo films.

In his own solo-movies is understandable, it is just to bad there where no solo-ones for others. I think the problem is that the movie-Wolverine had become a very popular charterer. And that lead to that he became the main-hero of the later x-men movies, instead of letting a different mutant being the main-hero each movie.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 2:42 pm

X-Men: First Class

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 2:54 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
X-Men: First Class

That one, DOFP, and X2.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 8:52 am

90s X-Men cartoon>X-Men movies

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 6:08 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
90s X-Men cartoon>X-Men movies

that's true....but we're just talking about the movies, here....

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 3:03 pm

Sigbold wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:

In his own solo-movies is understandable, it is just to bad there where no solo-ones for others. I think the problem is that the movie-Wolverine had become a very popular charterer. And that lead to that he became the main-hero of the later x-men movies, instead of letting a different mutant being the main-hero each movie.

A stand-alone Gambit movie is set to begin filming this summer if you are looking forward to this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2016, 8:14 pm

I went with Day Of Future Past, even though Apocalypse runs a very close second.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm

I wanted so badly to be able to get into the X-men movies & spin-offs. I couldn't. I can enjoy each one, especially because of the timeless theme of being part of a group that is "othered". I think I'm just too pedantic, I need my movie (& book) franchises to make perfect sense, have a concrete canon and be consistent from one movie to the next to the next. Star Trek lost me for the same reason, and made me sad. Because of this I liked the first two + the character building & backstory filling in First Class and Origins: Wolverine. Days of Future Past & Last Stand just seemed to trigger my pedantry too much?

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2016, 8:59 am

It would be hard for me to rate the movies since I only have seen them in the theatres when they where released and have not watched since.

A stand-alone Gambit movie is set to begin filming this summer if you are looking forward to this.

I have read about that one. However problem is he (cinematic wise) was introduced in Wolverine origins. So the story has to be how he becomes part of the larger x-men whole.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2016, 9:37 am

I went with X-Men: First Class (2011) because I enjoyed that the most.
I'd go with the the original X-Men (2000) in second place because I was surprised at how much I liked it. I went in after the Joel Schumacher Batman movies and similar super hero/comic book films with really low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised.

I especially liked by Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto in the first film and Michael Fassbender as Magneto in First Class. Both were really good performances.

All the other films seemed just full of spectacle with too many characters, most of whom weren't properly introduced — or not even introduced at all.

I gave up reading the comic around issue #200 (December 1985), when I realised that I had a stack of fifteen or so issues that I'd just bought and not read, so I sat down and read them in a lump, didn't enjoy them, and decided to stop buying the title. Pity; up until then X-Men had been one of my favourite books.

I mention this to say that I'm not familiar with any characters introduced after 1985, so if the films don't introduce them properly, I have no idea who they are or what their powers are supposed to be.

With the current film — X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) — I don't get the whole first mutant thing. Is Apocalypse supposed to be a prokaryote cell with the mutant power to transfer itself into other forms and which transferred itself up into human/mutant form or something? I assume his (its) power was being able to transfer into other forms, with all the other abilities he (it) displayed being powers he (it) had picked up along the way from other mutants. Is that right?

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm

Sigbold wrote:
It would be hard for me to rate the movies since I only have seen them in the theatres when they where released and have not watched since.

I have read about that one. However problem is he (cinematic wise) was introduced in Wolverine origins. So the story has to be how he becomes part of the larger x-men whole.

See, that's the thing: No, it doesn't have to be about that. They can just ignore that as if it didn't happen and ignore continuity and just make up a whole new canon for each and every movie and no one seems to mind. Grrrrr!