Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2016, 1:20 pm

I love TBBT. The first 4 seasons anyway. Seasons 5 and 6 were still funny but a bit less. From season 7 to now, it's not particularly funny any longer. I wish the show ended before it stopped being funny and became obsessed with "when will Sheldon lose his virginity ?".

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2016, 9:19 pm

MissAlgernon wrote:
...and became obsessed with "when will Sheldon lose his virginity ?".

I'm finding this tedious as well. Actually, whilst some of it is amusing, overall I couldn't care less about any of their sex lives.

dkraps95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2016, 6:45 am

I enjoy the Big Bang Therory.
I have followed it since it aired.
I feel that the women pretty much have carried the
show.

No disrespect to the guys.

dkraps95 8)

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

04 Oct 2016, 9:32 am

The first 4 seasons were comedy gold.

FrankyViolage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2016, 2:36 am

I adore watching Big Bang theory. That is one of my favorite movies.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2016, 10:37 pm

No I don't like it. Sheldon is just selfish and rude but somehow that is supposed to be charming. And the concusses among neurotypical people seems to be that this is Asperger's. The show's creators have said that was not their intention I guess. I don't see Aspergers in Sheldon. He does not want to understand or care for other people and I think most autistic people would like to.

I don't dislike it only because of the bad stereotype I just don't find it funny. I am not a "nerd" like those guys into comic books and things like that. But it still seems to be joking about nerd culture without really understanding it.

andromeda292
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2016, 2:45 am

Mr_Miner wrote:
No I don't like it. Sheldon is just selfish and rude but somehow that is supposed to be charming. And the concusses among neurotypical people seems to be that this is Asperger's. The show's creators have said that was not their intention I guess. I don't see Aspergers in Sheldon. He does not want to understand or care for other people and I think most autistic people would like to.

I don't dislike it only because of the bad stereotype I just don't find it funny. I am not a "nerd" like those guys into comic books and things like that. But it still seems to be joking about nerd culture without really understanding it.

Yeah. The creators don't seem to know what a real nerd is, not even close. The guys are supposed to be grown men but they act like they're in college. And I find the canned laughter just horrible. I can't stand Sheldon either, but his type of character (rude, condescending, and belittling) is what passes for "cute" in today's comedies. I honestly don't see what people enjoy about the show and can hardly believe it's on it's ninth season. Jim Parsons will likely be over 50 by the time it's over, still playing someone who acts 19.

I_Heart_Unicorns

26 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

Used to really like it, but it's gone off the boil recently imo. I sat through an episode the other day and didn't smile or laugh once.