20 Aug 2016, 11:30 pm

slw1990 wrote:
Bernadette?

yes :D

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2016, 12:32 pm

Yes, yes. I have a huge crush on Leonard. I like seeing Sheldon, even if he is a parody of actual Asperger's...it is the first thing people say to me when they hear that I have it :"Oh, so you're like Sheldon?" sigh. Yes, I'm like Sheldon.
Great show.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 1:14 pm

Back when I had a boyfriend, we watched every episode of it. It was alright, but after I left him, I wasn't bothered anymore, and it does bring back some bad memories. Now I hate to hear the theme song because he would always sing along to it.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2016, 5:32 pm

Oh, I am sorry to hear that! I really like the band "Bearnaked Ladies" So I would hate to have bad associations with it/them. I love music that has a whole bunch of fast, complex lyrics. I am a big fan of the roommate agreement concept, too. hilarious.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:01 pm

No. Watched 5 minutes and hated it with a passion.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 10:45 pm

GeekChic wrote:
Oh, I am sorry to hear that! I really like the band "Bearnaked Ladies" So I would hate to have bad associations with it/them. I love music that has a whole bunch of fast, complex lyrics. I am a big fan of the roommate agreement concept, too. hilarious.

Barenaked Ladies are great! For me, they are only second to They Might Be Giants, and Devo (who hold equal standing in my heart 8)) .

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 5:37 am

GeekChic wrote:
Yes, yes. I have a huge crush on Leonard.
I have a bit of a crush on Leonard too! If I were the same age demographic, and Leonard were a real person, he would be the one I wanted to be my boyfriend/husband. I think he's great. I don't really have an ideal type, but he would be it now that I think about it.

I find all the characters lovable and extremely funny. I'm not like Sheldon but I love the character and Jim Parsons is brilliant. I love all the characters. I think Amy is hilarious too.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 8:00 pm

I don't like it all that much...

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 2:54 am

On season seven currently. Gotta say I really enjoy it. The show has a comfy quality to it.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 6:11 am

Yeah, I'm a big fan of it, as well----but, I have to take it in "doses", as with most shows. I watch a show like a FIEND, and then get tired of it for awhile, then turn it back on. Also, Mrs . Wolowitz's voice could be like nails-on-a-chalkboard, to me----THEN, they added the Bernadette character, and her voice has gotten higher and squeakier with each successive season, it seems----I can only handle so much of that.

Sheldon's my favorite (I used to be VERY like him), but I think there's a little Aspie in ALL of them----except Penny. The MOTHERS add a special bonus, IMO----my favorites are Mary Cooper (Sheldon's mother) and Dr. Beverly Hofstadter (Leonard's mother)----BEYOND fabulous!!

FrankyViolage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2016, 1:53 am

I am a fan of this movie. I really like it. It is one of my favorite with the Game of thrones and the American Horror story.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2016, 5:48 pm

Given how positive the reception here is, maybe I need to give it a second chance. The times I saw it I couldn't stand it. I just found it extremely mild and unfunny, like without the laugh track all the jokes would completely fall flat. I actually do like the characters, or at least I like the idea of the characters, but I guess I just feel the show itself is poorly written.

I definitely don't hate all laugh track shows. I love Seinfeld. Perhaps indefensibly I also love How I Met Your Mother despite it being a blatant Friends rip off. But I find that those shows are better written and more engrossing than The Big Bang Theory. It's too bad, because it's honesty a show I want to like.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 5:53 pm

^^ BOTH "Seinfeld" and "TBBT" have LIVE audiences----NOT "laugh tracks"----I have the DVDs, of BOTH shows, and they show the audience.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2016, 7:18 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
^^ BOTH "Seinfeld" and "TBBT" have LIVE audiences----NOT "laugh tracks"----I have the DVDs, of BOTH shows, and they show the audience.

For the purposes of what I'm saying that distinction is irrelevant. What I'm getting at is, there are some shows that involve audience laughter and others that don't. Audience laughter is often used to emphasize humor, which raises the question of how effective the comedy would be without that laughter. I speculate that Seinfeld has strong enough writing that its humor would come through effectively even without the laughter. I also speculate that The Big Bang Theory would fare poorly if tested the same way. Of course I recognize that one hurdle of performing such a test is that the humor of shows with audience laughter functions slightly differently from that of those that don't, but even so, the writing of The Big Bang Theory has always left me underwhelmed. It's always left me flat. That's just my personal opinion/taste/preference. Whether it's a live audience or a laugh track bears no difference on the opinion I'm expressing.

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2016, 12:51 pm

I used to but now I don't like it anymore because it just worn the humour out.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2016, 1:20 pm

I love TBBT. The first 4 seasons anyway. Seasons 5 and 6 were still funny but a bit less. From season 7 to now, it's not particularly funny any longer. I wish the show ended before it stopped being funny and became obsessed with "when will Sheldon lose his virginity ?".