Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:04 pm

Did anyone in the u.k see channel 4's showing of marilyn manson new video?

It's amazing, i'd forgotten how much i LOVE marilyn manson,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14FxS5x8oFw[/youtube]

:twisted: I will be buying ALL the c.d's, i've only got 'mechanical animals',

I think i lost my way.....

Last edited by rosered on 17 May 2007, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2007, 12:17 pm

Awwww!! Looks like little Brian Warner is in luuurv!! He's got so much guts, I'm really glad he's back. :P

Shadowcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2007, 2:35 pm

That was entertaining. Like a horror comic book come to life.

That was funny.

Now let's see Trent Rezner do that!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 5:15 pm

manson's creative peak was back with mechanical animals.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2007, 7:21 pm

I agree. He's a real smart guy, but this latest (while a cool video) is a bit on the corny side for me. I'm happy that he's happy with his new teenage girlfriend, but he kind of looks middle-age crazy. I kind of preferred him back when he was angry!!

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:46 pm

I like the video...it's so dark. I like the lighting and colors and what not of the parts where they're driving, before the music's actually started--it seems more emotionally real than the song itself. When I watched it I finally understood what he was trying to convey with the overall sound of "Eat Me, Drink Me." That said, I don't think that the song, "Heart Shaped Glasses," is very good. It seems almost subordinate to the video's images. The song worked for me in the video, but it didn't work on its own before, and it doesn't work on its own for me even after seeing the video.

I dunno...I like the idea of a heavy MM album with themes of "Alice and Wonderland" and "Lolita," but the overall way it sounds just doesn't work. It doesn't sound like MM...there's nothing the least bit industrial about it. His sound hasn't matured, though, it just sounds like he's just trying to get us to feel sorry for him.

But I love the other song he's previewed, "If I Was Your Vampire."

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:57 pm

unnamed wrote:
I agree. He's a real smart guy, but this latest (while a cool video) is a bit on the corny side for me. I'm happy that he's happy with his new teenage girlfriend, but he kind of looks middle-age crazy. I kind of preferred him back when he was angry!!

honestly...i kinda wish manson would just turn it in and do something else with his life now. the music sucks. eat me drink me sounds like someone else's album. it doesn't sound like manson. it sounds almost like monster magnet, if anything.....and dave wyndorf does it a lot better and a lot more hedonistic than manson...mainly because he doesn't waste effort posturing with the whole goth aesthetic and just goes straight for "i'm a heathen and i love it f**k you".

i enjoyed parts of golden age of grotesque...but this new album is just not even clever.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2007, 9:09 pm

Yeah, he seems to have gone very NT on us with all this hot romance! He's just not the same guy. I'm scared that he'll next be on Oprah hopping up and down on the couch. Which would actually be pretty funny to see! :jester:

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2007, 9:37 pm

I almost forgot...Rolling Stone said that Manson's mom was "recently diagnosed with a mental illness." Anyone know what's actually wrong with her? I'd heard that his whole family is pretty strange - he seemed like the normal one!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 1:24 am

manson's very obviously not normal to be dating someone so much younger than he is. that's something some 40 year old in a midlife crisis does.

....wait.....he's 38?

...................please tell me no one has actually bought this album and is supporting his midlife crisis.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2007, 8:00 am

I know! I feel so guilty for turning on him, but to me this is just kind of an Oprah-type gothic Valentine to this little girl who's gonna leave him just like the others. He needs to cut this out. :cry: I think I've got him analyzed. He had a weird, mean dad and helpless mom for whom he probably felt responsible growing up. So he's now got the compulsion to take gifted but maybe troubled younger women and sort of remake or create them as he'd like them to be. And of course, they end up getting sick of it and moving on. Aarrghh, he actually sounds like my own dad!! Oh, Brian!! Please get someone to talk to about this!! :cry:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 1:55 am

as if brian would ever admit anything was wrong with him and his lifestyle choices.