Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm

Couldn't care to watch Zombies. I rather play Last of Us or RE vs. watching it on t.v. Nothing beats that zombie dog through a window in the first RE lol!

Tonight OMG! season 7 premiere yet another OMG! dead person! Who is going to die this time?! !! OMG! Seems like "kill of a character" is the shows hook.

Plus do the research the comic is disturbing and the show is tame by comparison! The show takes from the comic and OMG! my dad only cares about WHAT'S ON THE SHOW! Without DUH! REALIZING it (not all of it) but the idea of it and the plots come from the comic (characters/etc.) come from the comic first! This wasn't SOME RANDOM ZOMBIE SHOW!

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 7:14 pm

I don't care for the show much. I watched season one and it wasnt for me. I also played the point and click game by Telltale- it was ok enough but not something I would ever do again I bet. I love many of the Resident Evil games, but most other zombie stuff is so meh. I played through Last of Us and thought- this isnt exciting and too predictable! Gameplay was horrid and plot was meh.

Also why are you so mad that your dad likes the show but doesn't care for the comic? That's his personal choice.. not really sure why it matters. Many things that are books or comics are also tv shows and movies. People don't have to enjoy every aspect of a subject to be a fan of it. Do you want him to like the comic more or something? I don't understand..

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 7:28 pm

Earthbound wrote:
I don't care for the show much. I watched season one and it wasnt for me. I also played the point and click game by Telltale- it was ok enough but not something I would ever do again I bet. I love many of the Resident Evil games, but most other zombie stuff is so meh. I played through Last of Us and thought- this isnt exciting and too predictable! Gameplay was horrid and plot was meh.

Also why are you so mad that your dad likes the show but doesn't care for the comic? That's his personal choice.. not really sure why it matters. Many things that are books or comics are also tv shows and movies. People don't have to enjoy every aspect of a subject to be a fan of it. Do you want him to like the comic more or something? I don't understand..

He FREAKS when I mention the comic! Oh do you want to hear about stuff from the comic that may be in the show? The "whispers" people who use walker flesh as mask might be coming to the show! (me excited since I'm nerdy into comics and stuff coming to other media) (books to film that sort of idea.) OMG! I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE COMIC!

Without having an open mind without wanting to hear what could be making its way from the comic to the show.

Technically the comic has rape and mutilation VERY disturbing vs. the tameness of the show lol!

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:16 pm

I've never watched this series. I'm not really much into zombies. Although I do like the movie Shaun of the Dead. Although that's only because Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were in it and I love those two together. I don't know if I am gonna try. A lot of the tv shows I watch aren't as in depth as probably walking dead is. I prefer to watch superhero shows like the Marvel ones on Netflix or the DC shows on the CW. I'm a superhero fanatic especially when it comes to tv and movies.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:39 pm

tb86 wrote:
I've never watched this series. I'm not really much into zombies. Although I do like the movie Shaun of the Dead. Although that's only because Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were in it and I love those two together. I don't know if I am gonna try. A lot of the tv shows I watch aren't as in depth as probably walking dead is. I prefer to watch superhero shows like the Marvel ones on Netflix or the DC shows on the CW. I'm a superhero fanatic especially when it comes to tv and movies.

Same! I LOVE the Marvel Netflix and CW shows! Grant Gustin IS Barry Allen best casting since Reeves as Kent/Superman in the 70's!

Velcrowalls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Oct 2016, 9:49 pm

I LOVE horror movies and creepy tv but I cannot get into The Walking Dead at all. So I get what your saying.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:51 pm

The Walking What? :lol:

No, I don't *do* scary, graphic and depressing TV shows or movies. The world is too scary, graphic and depressing as it is.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 8:04 am

There's more women on this comment than men. Please tell me there are men as well. Cause I don't want people to think I'm some kind of woman.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 7:06 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
The Walking What? :lol:

No, I don't *do* scary, graphic and depressing TV shows or movies. The world is too scary, graphic and depressing as it is.

True.
As a kid I liked the old zombie stuff, dawn of the dead and stuff, for the metaphilor and for the scenario that allowed to play out the metaphor even if it meant killing the hero to make a point.
Then I got older and stopped needing the metaphor to engage with reality.
I prefer documentaries now.

But TWD also really upset me as I didn't want to watch yet another zombie mythology start from the beginning and show me group dynamics and psychology of a bunch of idiots under pressure. I always found the psychology part the most boring and constructed part of zombie films.

Btw. I liked the white zombie with bela lugosi.
Someone should bring the zombie master back, I think it's time for that metaphor.
Maybe with a red baseball cap?

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 7:52 pm

Ive never watched it but never wanted to either. I watch very little TV, but this would not be something I'd likely watch. Zombies are utterly disinteresting to me. Borderline annoying. I don't like anything horror really. I mean, sure I could tolerate watching people get eaten, dismembered, tortured and otherwise violated, but I just don't get where it's entertaining. I also struggle with violent thoughts, and such things do disturb me in a personal way that makes me uncomfortable.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 9:53 am

tb86 wrote:
There's more women on this comment than men. Please tell me there are men as well. Cause I don't want people to think I'm some kind of woman.

Uh.. what? I'm not sure if what you said was sexist or rude.. or perhaps a bit of both. Why does the gender of people posting matter?

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 3:04 pm

I meant no offense I'm just saying that there's more women on this forum and it I don't want people to think I'm either a woman or gay for not being a Walking Dead fan. I know that sounds absolutely stupid but get this I mentioned that I watch those DC shows on the CW, which means I prefer to watch those shows than Walking Dead which I'm sure is thought provoking to which these shows do not have and also probably has good acting and well I will admit the acting on most of these shows are kinda quirky not bad quirky but quirky in a way that TWD fans may call stupid. Now those shows have been criticized for being pretty much like teen soap operas like the OC, Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill which are shows I don't watch for pretty much that and I get a feeling that people who do watch those shows are the same type of people who watch those DC shows and Maybe I'm being stereotypical about this but I get the idea that the only type of people who watches soap operas are women. Sure I guess guys watch soap operas too but maybe certain type of guys. Not that there's anything wrong with being that certain type of guy. I'll admit I do not care for soap operas but I do like those shows and I'll also admit they do feel soap opery at times and I'm not sure if any hardcore DC fans who've read Green Arrow and Flash comic books like that stuff or not. I'll admit the Marvel shows definitely don't feel like Soap Operas and I do probably prefer those shows as a whole.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 7:26 pm

I never watch that show.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2016, 5:30 pm

I used to volunteer at an animal hospital. One of the technicians was really into Walking Dead, but would also get really excited when an animal had to be euthanised and decapitated so the head could be sent to be checked for rabies. It was really creepy how excited she would get when talking about it. I've personally never seen a Walking Dead episode, and have no desire too (I also HATE when people try to dictate to me what movies and TV shows I should watch...it only makes me NOT want to watch the show.) but I've heard it can be pretty gory. My dad had to stop watching it because it was giving him nightmares. But I wonder if some people like that veterinary technician are naturally drawn to shows like that because they are drawn to it in real life but can't get away with it in real life...yet. I won't be surprised if I ever hear about this girl on the national news someday.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2016, 7:57 pm

*raises hand*

Nothingman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm

I've never seen it, I generally only watch shows from the 50s and 60s.