Anyone else detest Reality TV and Network TV like me?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wildthing121675
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2007, 10:02 pm

I was wondering, is there anyone else who is Aspie who detests Network TV cause all they put out these days is Reality TV, shows that have no purpose but to appeal to NTs who have no brain? No offense taken please if there are Reality TV fans here, but I've never seen their appeal.

I have hated reality TV for years, and it stinks that networks seem to wanna put more of that on than shows like Jericho, Space Above and Beyond, Firefly, or they keep shows that have been around and are stale as all hell; case in point to ER, CSI, Law & Order, and a few others I can name.

Was wondering if anyone else felt the same way I did about TV these days.

Wildthing121675

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 11:20 pm

yes, "reality" shows are crap

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 1:58 am

Most "reality" tv is very unrealistic. I don't like most things on network TV, with a few exceptions.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:31 am

Well, reality TV as a genre certainly has lowered the standard of television in this world. And it is true. Most of it is boring.

New Zealand TV has very little in the way of decent programs - even less now thanks to reality TV - which is one of the reasons I subscribe to SKY!! ! 8)

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2007, 2:47 am

I dont watch broadcast TV anymore mostly because of these shows and this whole celebrity culture that has grown up worldwide. Makes me sick when even the news is full of rubbish about which footballers wife has done what etc.

The house TV is mostly just used for my dvd player and the Wii, for everything else theres the internet :)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 9:52 am

I think network tv is crap! I even refuse to watch the news because its gone down the toilet too!

wildthing121675

22 May 2007, 4:42 pm

Here in the United States, they always talk about what celeb is gonna be on what reality show or which celebrity is going to jail or whatnot.

TV is rubbish, they got rid of the only network show I watch other than Lost, Jericho. They cancelled Jericho for a reality show which is basically Survivor meets Lord of the Flies. I was not happy about that one at all, networks always cancel the good shows in favor of reality crapola.

And they keep shows like CSI, The Simpsons, Law & Order, shows that have outlived their usefulness. I used to like the Simpsons, but I feel the show is not what it used to be say 10 years ago. I still watch the show, but I feel it needs to go.

Wildthing121675

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 4:52 pm

I hate most of it, but I like some shows. I think there has been a bit less Reality TV lately than there was say two or three years ago.

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2007, 6:52 pm

I never liked any of the reality TV shows. I like a few network shows. I am a huge HBO fanboy though.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2007, 6:53 pm

I don't like much reality TV at all. In fact Reality TV pretty much is a major genre in Television nowadays with smaller genres.

Survivor would be like a live-action competion on location.

The Apprentice is like a talent search live on the streets and off-studio (except the firing part)

American Idol (studio talent search contest) with public voting.

The Osbournes (following the "everyday" life of a person or family)

Those dating shows that were always on the air like Blind Date would be reality also.

Majority of MTV programming.

After that each genre is copycatted left and right and my.... Then they try to break those up with one show and have another copycat.

Ridiculous! Why don't they just have a Reality TV Emmy Awards or a Reality TV award show produced by someone else.

Or Let's not have one?

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2007, 6:44 pm

I can't stand reality TV, it makes me sick. I just can't get into those shows. Most of today's other types of shows I cannot get into it and I don't know. Ever since 1990's I was never really able to get into the newer shows. I mostly watch cable TV and the reruns. I do watch some newer shows (or I should say older shows that are still making new episodes).

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 6:56 pm

Reality TV is terrible. Also, pretty much any sitcom that's been introduced in the past few years is rubbish. Like people have said, shows like Firefly with any sort of artistic merit are canned, and shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy have outlived their respective primes (well, The Simpsons isn't as bad as it was a few years ago).

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 9:21 pm

Yes to both!

"Reality T.V." is not real. I haven't watched a network television program in years. The last one I watched regularly was "E.R," and it got so boring.

wildthing121675

24 May 2007, 11:01 pm

I guess this confirms my view, that Reality TV was made for NTs, who like to watch people make complete idiots of themselves.

Wildthing121675

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 4:42 am

It wasn't made for NTs. It was made for jerks.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 5:43 am

only reality tv i really liked was surviving ted nugent because it was funny to watch a bunch of people get harassed by a total psycho like uncle ted. haha.

generally, i hate reality tv. on the lot was recently aired in the spot that would normally have house...i was very upset to say the least.

also hate american idol....loathe.....despise....hate.