Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Jun 2004, 5:14 pm

A new monk comes on tonight at 10 oclock on USA! Carmen Electra guest stars. If you don't know about Monk, the obsessive compulsive detective, look at my article. Don't miss it!

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

25 Jun 2004, 7:25 pm

I set my TiVo to record it.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

26 Jun 2004, 12:00 am

I put in a season's pass for it (even though I've never seen it before), but it was added at a lower priority than Deep Space Nine, so I stopped DS9 13 minutes into it to record Monk. Anyway, I just watched the recording.

Pretty neat, although what was the monkey doing with Ian Blackmore in the first place? Who is that woman (forget the name) who owns the monkey?

Also, in examining the scene of the crime, the panic room, Monk accidentally closed the door, and thinks he's trapped in a vacuum and running out of air for some reason. Trying to break through his frantic yelling and panicing, the Captain tells him he just needs to press the green button to open it, and repeatedly tells him that there's a hole in the door, etc. Then the Captain reaches through the hole in the door and presses the button himself. Now, for all the high tech security, having a hole in the door where they can just reach in and open up the door...or shoot through...seems pretty insecure. Why was there a hole in the door?

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Jun 2004, 8:08 am

Nuttdan wrote:
I put in a season's pass for it (even though I've never seen it before), but it was added at a lower priority than Deep Space Nine, so I stopped DS9 13 minutes into it to record Monk. Anyway, I just watched the recording.

Pretty neat, although what was the monkey doing with Ian Blackmore in the first place? Who is that woman (forget the name) who owns the monkey?

Also, in examining the scene of the crime, the panic room, Monk accidentally closed the door, and thinks he's trapped in a vacuum and running out of air for some reason. Trying to break through his frantic yelling and panicing, the Captain tells him he just needs to press the green button to open it, and repeatedly tells him that there's a hole in the door, etc. Then the Captain reaches through the hole in the door and presses the button himself. Now, for all the high tech security, having a hole in the door where they can just reach in and open up the door...or shoot through...seems pretty insecure. Why was there a hole in the door?

The police used blow torches to make the hole in the door when they responded to the intruder alarm. You probably missed that part in the beginning.

Dwimmerlaik
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2004, 5:16 pm

And the woman, who is Sharona (Sort of monks Nanny. She takes care of him.), didn't own the Chimpanzee. She stole it from a shelter where they were going to kill it. Monk is a little wierd . . . you have to watch it for a while to understand whats going on.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

26 Jun 2004, 8:59 pm

Ah, okay, makes much more sense, now. Cool.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2004, 12:32 pm

I love Monk, as well. Thanks for recommending it. It's currently my favorite TV show.

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2004, 12:23 am

:D Dear Alex We Have The Same Taste In Tv I Also Like Monk! :!:

Last edited by blondie on 11 Oct 2004, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2004, 9:44 pm

A quote from Monk I think you'll all enjoy:

"I don't know if he's from another time or another planet!" -Sharona (talking about Adrian, of course)

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jul 2004, 11:43 pm

Great quote-- "Its a gift... and a curse" which pertains even more to asperger's than OCD!

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2004, 5:59 pm

Monk is such a hoot! My son and I love to watch Monk. Both of us are Obsessive Compulsive (too) and love to "one up" the show on how we would be even a bigger Obsessive Compulsive than Monk is :lol:
I think since Monk was quirky even before his wife died (remember the meeting of his wife's parents?) it would be really great if Monk were dx'd AS and maybe his brother an Aspie, too. I would just love that, but I'm not sure how they would pull that one off. It would sure show autism in a more positive light (more so than most shows of late have) being that alot of us tend to be sticklers for details, too.
-monastic-

echospectra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2004, 7:42 pm

For those in and around the UK: Monk (season 2) is on BBC 2 now, on saturday afternoons.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2004, 6:01 am

That show rocked!

I've never seen any eps because I usually worked on the night it was on :(
I'll look foward to seeing more of it.

echospectra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2004, 8:28 pm

Saw "Mr Monk Goes to the Ballgame" on saturday. At a certain point Monk and Sharona walked into a very big, expensive-looking house; Sharona says, "Not too shabby." Then Monk says, "Trudy and I almost bought this house..." At which Sharona is confused at first, and then makes a big deal out of his having made a joke ("Adrian, you made a joke, are you feeling allright?"). Perfect moment - you get the Aspie stereotype of lack of a sense of humour, and it's demolished at the same time.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2004, 4:52 am

echospectra wrote:
the Aspie stereotype of lack of a sense of humour.

sigh.

another stereotype i don't fit...

i used to be a stand-up comedian. as i said somewhere else here - no hope for me as an aspie at all. ;)

Last edited by vetivert on 07 Dec 2005, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2004, 6:49 am

As you all know, I don't have a sense of humour.

Dunc :|

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!