Page 33 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2020, 9:35 am

Did you know that in Nogs first episode he was 24 years old?

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 1:00 pm

^ I didn't recall his exact age, so technically I didn't know 8)

Did you know that his actor, Aron Eisenberg, played another Star Trek character? In an episode of Voyager he played a young Kazon named Kar (later Karden).

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2020, 2:43 pm

He plays a really good part. My favourite scene is where quark is trying to lecture him on humans and how if you take all their comforts away we become bad people and he just completely shuts him down by how he feels sorry for the Jem'hadar.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 2:55 pm

^ Yes I think they did a great job with his character devolvement. He grew so much in the show and I always liked how he didn't allow Quark (or anyone else) to walk all over him, or sway his opinions.

I liked how they showed the dynamic between him and Jake as roommates, where Nog was the very orderly one and Jake was a messy one :lol: . It was an interesting look at how they'd grown up together; from being two mischievous kids hanging around the promenade, to young adults who are developing into distinct individuals.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2020, 3:07 pm

I have the unpopular opinion that Voyager is the best series though.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:25 pm

^ :lol: I think that's a fairly popular opinion.
My favorite is TNG, but VOY comes super close for me.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2020, 3:44 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:

Are you a fan of the new ones?

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:47 pm

^ I haven't seen Discovery, but I have watched Picard. I thought Picard was pretty true to the Star Trek tone. My complaints about it would be that some of the side characters that joined his mission had personas that seemed a bit too predictable. But overall, it was pretty good.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2020, 3:54 pm

Picard is probably my favourite of the two. Discovery is a bit weird though. It doesn't contain anything that made Star Trek what it is. Its watchable, but it is a bit over dramatised and basically an action flick.

EEngineer75
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Nov 2020, 4:10 pm

Ditto.

My favorite opening credits are from Star Trek: Enterprise. It and the First Contact backstory really spoke to me (as a science/engineering geek).

Who else would like a movie or series about the origin of the Borg? I think there's a lot of untapped potential.

Oh my, yes! I'd love that! It could be very socially relevant in this decade of smartphone addictions, Big Data, AI development, etc.

Anyone know of any fan sites/lit that speculate on the Borg origins?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:18 pm

^ I didn't recall his exact age, so technically I didn't know 8)

Did you know that his actor, Aron Eisenberg, played another Star Trek character? In an episode of Voyager he played a young Kazon named Kar (later Karden).

Ahhg, I'd like to wring that scrawny neck of that little shite. <gnashing of teeth> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:21 pm

^ Yes I think they did a great job with his character devolvement. He grew so much in the show and I always liked how he didn't allow Quark (or anyone else) to walk all over him, or sway his opinions.

Snot-nosed, arrogant little Ferengi brat! :evil:
I'll bite his ear off if he ever comes near me. <more gnashing of teeth> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:23 pm

holymackerel wrote:
I have the unpopular opinion that Voyager is the best series though.

A man of distinction. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:25 pm

^ I haven't seen Discovery, but I have watched Picard. I thought Picard was pretty true to the Star Trek tone. My complaints about it would be that some of the side characters that joined his mission had personas that seemed a bit too predictable. But overall, it was pretty good.

"Picard" isn't on mainstream TV, here in Australia, unfortunately.
I have never seen it.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2020, 4:31 pm

Pepe wrote:

"Picard" isn't on mainstream TV, here in Australia, unfortunately.
I have never seen it.

I really want to see Lower Decks. We dont have it in the UK, but I have heard really good things about it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:41 pm

Not seeing Picard up here the upper Midwest either .. unless it’s somewhere on pay tv

where ever you go ,there you are