Page 34 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:52 pm

We had to watch Picard on a subscription streaming service. I don't think it was on tv?

Starlight2001
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Nov 2020, 6:05 pm

holymackerel wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ I haven't seen Discovery, but I have watched Picard. I thought Picard was pretty true to the Star Trek tone. My complaints about it would be that some of the side characters that joined his mission had personas that seemed a bit too predictable. But overall, it was pretty good.

"Picard" isn't on mainstream TV, here in Australia, unfortunately.
I have never seen it.

I really want to see Lower Decks. We dont have it in the UK, but I have heard really good things about it.

I saw the first episode of Lower Decks and hated it. The main character, Ensign Mariner, is the most annoying character in the franchise and that includes all the Ferengi. I've seen all of Star Trek except the rest of Lower Decks.

As for Picard it's not on traditional television, you have to get CBS All Access

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 6:09 pm

Oh and I haven't seen The Lower Decks. I have trouble watching animated shows/movies. For some reason they make me feel weird (I'm unable to describe it :? ).

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 12:40 am

Thinking about episodes I find most unsettling (in a quality tv sort of way :mrgreen: ):
- VOY - One
Where the whole crew, sans Seven and the doctor, must go into stasis for a month or so to get through a nebula that emits dangerous radiation.

- TNG - Frame of Mind
Where Riker is taken hostage and convinced the play he was in prior to his mission is actually reality and he's a mental patient. He keeps switching back and forth between memories of the play and him as a mental patient.

Trying to think of others :chin:

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2020, 1:16 pm

I worked out how much Star Trek I watch recently and I figured out I watch over 200 hours a year. 8) I have been doing it for years. There is absolutely no sign of it getting boring either. I could never get bored of Star Trek.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2020, 1:19 pm

By the way, how awesome is my computer desk?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 2:46 pm

fancier than my mess.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2020, 2:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
fancier than my mess.

Oh yeah, I am normally a super tidy person, but I was studying so theres paper everywhere.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 3:01 pm

holymackerel wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
fancier than my mess.

Oh yeah, I am normally a super tidy person, but I was studying so theres paper everywhere.

that is what i meant, that despite slight amount of papers, yours is still far neater than mine for i am a slob.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 12:27 pm

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 2:39 am

Oh and I haven't seen The Lower Decks. I have trouble watching animated shows/movies. For some reason they make me feel weird (I'm unable to describe it :? ).

Could you clarify? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 2:52 am

holymackerel wrote:
Pepe wrote:
^ I haven't seen Discovery, but I have watched Picard. I thought Picard was pretty true to the Star Trek tone. My complaints about it would be that some of the side characters that joined his mission had personas that seemed a bit too predictable. But overall, it was pretty good.

"Picard" isn't on mainstream TV, here in Australia, unfortunately.
I have never seen it.

I really want to see Lower Decks. We dont have it in the UK, but I have heard really good things about it.

I'm over 60.
I don't watch cartoons. :eew:
Unless I want to. <stamp foot> :mrgreen:

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 9:50 pm

Pepe wrote:

It's like a disconnected feeling. Something about hearing human voices come out of non-humans can make me feel unsettled. It's a feeling that creeps up on me slowly, then real things around me feel less real. Bleh I'm no good at explaining these things.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 12:41 pm

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2020, 11:06 am

I'm pretty sure the creators of Discovery dont actually know the first thing about Star Trek. They gave The Federation a new logo, but it is just the Star Fleet logo, so they obviously don't know that The Federation and Starfleet are separate entities.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 8:26 pm

Pepe wrote:

It's like a disconnected feeling. Something about hearing human voices come out of non-humans can make me feel unsettled. It's a feeling that creeps up on me slowly, then real things around me feel less real. Bleh I'm no good at explaining these things.

EVERY TIME someone says they can't explain something, I ask them to clarify what they can't explain. :P :mrgreen:
Watch out for next time.
It is a "standing" joke of mine. :wink: