Which Is The Best Film In The "Alien" Series?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Which Is The Best Film In The "Alien" Series?
Alien 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Aliens 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
Alien 3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alien Resurrection 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Prometheus 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alien Covenant 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:26 pm

Aliens

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:39 pm

Aliens, agreed. I wanted to be Newt. Which probably goes to show that I was way too young when I watched that movie, but...yeah. She was my hero for awhile.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2019, 3:56 pm

Aliens, just. Though not up to par with the first two I think alien 3 is quite underrated. I was a bit disappointed with Prometheus.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 4:01 pm

I've never watched the original film, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, nor the prequels, but what is interesting
about Alien Resurrection is its gaining status as a cult film given how campy many people say it is.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 6:09 pm

I've seen Alien Resurrection, but it's been so many years that all I remember is Ripley playing basketball and an alien getting sucked out a window.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2019, 6:32 pm

Zinnia86 wrote:
I've seen Alien Resurrection, but it's been so many years that all I remember is Ripley playing basketball and an alien getting sucked out a window.

That needs a spoiler tag! :p

No it's an ok film is resurrection, some decent moments, just doesn't work as well as the others.

Rad Rockit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2019, 6:54 pm

Definitely Aliens, I am one of the few people who kinda likes resurrection I think though. As far as I'm concerned 3 never happened.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

Map84 wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:

No it's an ok film is resurrection, some decent moments, just doesn't work as well as the others.

Don't tell them it's a spoiler, then they'll know! :lol:

Rad Rockit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2019, 7:25 pm

Zinnia86 wrote:
Map84 wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:

Yeah but Ripley playing basketball is an extremely important plot point. The whole movie hinged on it.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 7:33 pm

Rad Rockit wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:
Map84 wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:

Yeah but Ripley playing basketball is an extremely important plot point. The whole movie hinged on it.

:wink:

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2019, 2:04 am

Zinnia86 wrote:
Map84 wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:

Haha, some twentieth century Fox producer is probably reading this right now, getting ready to pitch an aliens vs spacejam crossover!

Rad Rockit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2019, 10:17 am

Map84 wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:
Map84 wrote:
Zinnia86 wrote:

Haha, some twentieth century Fox producer is probably reading this right now, getting ready to pitch an aliens vs spacejam crossover!

I'd watch it.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 12:58 pm

I voted for Aliens even though I've only seen: Alien, Aliens, AVP, AVP2 (not included in the poll but still Alien movies).

According to general consensus Alien and Aliens are by far the best two, although I see Alien 3 has its supporters. Thus having seen these two (and the fun but lesser AVP, along with the awful AVP2) I feel confident in listing Aliens as the best of the franchise. I also hold Aliens in high enough esteem that it would be extremely difficult for one of its sequels to overcome it. In my opinion Aliens isn't just the best Alien movie I've seen but also the best science fiction/horror/action movie I've seen above such luminaries as the Matrix, Get Out, the Shining, and Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back. I'm counting thinking piece hard sci-fi movies like 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Martian, and Interstellar in a different category as in my opinion they aren't really comparable. Likewise I hold Mad Max Fury Road in higher esteem, but count it as a dystopian movie rather than sci-fi.

Back to the Alien series and comparing the two major movies. Alien is a well made suspense horror movie, but really nothing special. Aliens has an incredible intensity, great characters, a modicum of philosophy, and excellent action.

Rad Rockit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2019, 1:27 pm

Antrax wrote:
I voted for Aliens even though I've only seen: Alien, Aliens, AVP, AVP2 (not included in the poll but still Alien movies).

According to general consensus Alien and Aliens are by far the best two, although I see Alien 3 has its supporters. Thus having seen these two (and the fun but lesser AVP, along with the awful AVP2) I feel confident in listing Aliens as the best of the franchise. I also hold Aliens in high enough esteem that it would be extremely difficult for one of its sequels to overcome it. In my opinion Aliens isn't just the best Alien movie I've seen but also the best science fiction/horror/action movie I've seen above such luminaries as the Matrix, Get Out, the Shining, and Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back. I'm counting thinking piece hard sci-fi movies like 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Martian, and Interstellar in a different category as in my opinion they aren't really comparable. Likewise I hold Mad Max Fury Road in higher esteem, but count it as a dystopian movie rather than sci-fi.

Back to the Alien series and comparing the two major movies. Alien is a well made suspense horror movie, but really nothing special. Aliens has an incredible intensity, great characters, a modicum of philosophy, and excellent action.

Aliens also arguably has the most memorable scenes and quotes, like the mech scene, and anything Hudson does or says. Although I do lnow that Alien has at least one really memorable scene with John Hurt's character and the chest burster. But of course, I'm a bit more familiar with aliens than alien, though I do own both.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 1:50 am

The original Alien is my favorite. It's one of the best examples of a Scifi/horror film.