Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

I've never really been into crime shows until I watched Deadly Women. It's a show that comes on Investigation Discovery that focuses on some of history's most notorious female killers, and brings to life their crimes through the use of music, narration, and actors playing the roles of the murderers and their victims. The former FBI profiler Candice DeLong does a pretty good job of describing the female killers and their motives behind the murders.

I think one of the things that makes this show so interesting is that female killers are a rarity in our society due to the fact that most people expect violent crimes to be commited by men. Plus the idea of a "femme fatale" in the media has always intrigued me, and it's kind of cool to see that there are real-life examples that do exist.

Here is a page on Investigation Discovery's website that explains about the show and you can watch some videos of the deadly women too.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/deadly-women/

I'm also happy that I ordered seasons 1 & 2 of Deadly Women on DVD and should be getting it soon. 8)

Xaisede
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

I used to, but I don't watch/read true crime anymore.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2019, 5:48 pm

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 7:33 am

It's kind of a dumb show imo. The acting is terrible and they often get the facts about each female killer mixed up.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 7:57 pm

Yes! Watching it is what got me really into murder documentaries for a period of time. The acting is a little ridiculous but I like that because otherwise it would just be extremely depressing.