Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2019, 6:31 pm

Does your favourite movie get 4/10 on IMDB, does the show you love get two thumbs down, or how about the gem of a film you rediscovered last year that everyone has long since forgotten..this is the thread to acknowledge any you have.

I'll start.

The Net.
A movie from 1995 about a computer whizz who gets all her details erased by bad guys and has to fight to save herself as her colleagues in the computer industry are wiped out.
I loved it when I first saw it in the 90s, so futuristic it seemed, ordering pizza and plane tickets online, now it seems very retro. Speaking of which, if you're into old skool gaming, you'll see some product placement for Wolfenstein 3D!
Check it out if you get chance.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

The Ox Bow Incident. Very sad very old movie. :cry:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 12:57 pm

Lifeboat, an often overlooked film directed by Sir Alfred Hitchcock.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 6:35 pm

I don't know how poorly regarded you need to be in order to be "underrated."

But I always felt Person of Interest was a brilliant show that never got the recognition it deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 6:40 pm

Collateral, a great underrated crime film starring Tom Cruise in a brilliant against-type performance as a contract killer and Jamie Foxx in a just-as-brilliant performance as a cab driver who picks him up and doesn't realize the situation he gets himself into until it's too late.

Well worth a watch.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 5:47 pm

The Incredible Hulk, the 2008 film starring Edward Norton as Bruce Banner who of course becomes the giant green monster after a freak laboratory accident. Contrary to popular belief, this is not a sequel to Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk film, but a reboot of the Hulk film franchise.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:18 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The Incredible Hulk, the 2008 film starring Edward Norton as Bruce Banner who of course becomes the giant green monster after a freak laboratory accident. Contrary to popular belief, this is not a sequel to Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk film, but a reboot of the Hulk film franchise.

I actually think Ang Lee's Hulk is underrated.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:44 pm

Zodiac, a great true-crime film directed by David Fincher and starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey JR, and Mark Ruffalo as three men with a shared desire; the desire being to bring the infamous Zodiac Killer to justice.

Well worth a watch and why this flopped at the box office is IMO, beyond understanding.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:42 pm

Crash.

That's the David Cronenberg movie, not the more famous film more recently released. This is about people who can only reach orgasm through car accidents. So far, I'm the only person I know who likes this one. My wife, who normally likes weird movies, didn't like it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 2:59 pm

The Machinist

This was a movie Christian Bale did before he signed on to star in The Dark Knight Trilogy in which he plays a man who in terms of personality is very much the opposite of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.

If you do watch The Machinist, brace yourself for how much commitment Bale put into his performance. In fact, Bale lost about 60 pounds to prepare for The Machinist, but gained it all back along with 40 pounds of muscle to prepare for The Dark Knight Trilogy.