Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 4:44 pm

I started watching House and have seen some people say he has Aspergers. He’s not normal, but I don’t think he has AS.

He’s amazing at picking up social cues and manipulating people. He has a great range of facial expressions and tone of voice. More importantly, he knows how to use them and how it affects people. He understands figurative language and frequently enjoys using it: sarcasm, metaphors, puns. He understands he’s being socially inappropriate. He has no evidence of sensory issues.

That’s all I can think of right now. If he just had one or two of those non-AS traits, that would be different. But he has a bunch of them.

He definitely has some AS traits though. Smart but doesn’t like people, social outcast, highly focused interests, inflexible, and more. I know there’s an episode that discusses whether he has AS but I haven’t watched the entire episode yet.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 8:21 am

In an episode they talk about this.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 3:42 pm

In the future you see where he got most of that. Most of that isn't really him.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm

House is more of a misanthrope than anything else. He just doesn't give a crap about what other people think most of the time. There's only a few exceptions to this, but they are key connections for him.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:53 pm

Nist498 wrote:
House is more of a misanthrope than anything else. He just doesn't give a crap about what other people think most of the time. There's only a few exceptions to this, but they are key connections for him.

And as always most of that is due to one body part.