Disney Will Produce A Live-Action "Bambi" Remake

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 6:24 pm

Seriously?! (insert facepalm emoji here)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bambi-remake-works-1272457

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 7:43 pm

Seriouslyn o t t h i s o n e

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 7:49 pm

Why did people ever think that the storyline of Bambi would be a good idea for young children (or Old Yeller)? It's puzzling to me. Now they want to traumatize the next generation.

My kid and I can't even handle Dumbo...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 11:49 pm

Bambi and Dumbo are for kids, it teaches kids about death in a colorful movie, but make sure you can handle it. I could when I was a kid though I probably didn't really have an idea of what was going on.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 11:57 pm

Charlotte's Web broke my heart as a child, too.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 2:18 am

remember when disney used to make original stories....

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 10:09 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
remember when disney used to make original stories...
No. I remember when Disney would take stories already in the public domain and make full-length animated feature films about them (i.e., "Cinderella", "Snow White", et cetera) ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 10:40 am

thewrll wrote:
Bambi and Dumbo are for kids, it teaches kids about death in a colorful movie, but make sure you can handle it. I could when I was a kid though I probably didn't really have an idea of what was going on.

My son got very upset during the live action preview of Dumbo at the movie theater when we went to see something else. He saw the original Disney movie at my parents' house.

I think movies like Dumbo could impede children's feelings of safety in early childhood because it's a first hint that their warm and nurturing environment could, at any moment, be swept away from them.

As far as Bambi goes, I think preschool-aged is a bit young to be confronted with death, especially the death of a beloved parent.

Not all kids are that sensitive, but I think it's a good idea to use some precaution.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 10:57 am

Here we go again.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 11:03 am

Yes, let's keep our kids all cozy-wozy until it's time to kick them out totally unprepared to face the cold, cruel world...

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 11:05 am

Fnord wrote:
Yes, let's keep our kids all cozy-wozy until it's time to kick them out totally unprepared to face the cold, cruel world...

We don't usually kick kids out right after preschool...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 11:05 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Here we go again.
I love the way the voice actor nailed the raw sound of a child that's been scream-crying for hours...

:roll: ... not.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 11:14 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Preschool?! Hah! Why, when I was a young'n we dint have no preschool! Soon's we could walk, our parents marched us down to tha union hall and signed us up for construction work. I spent the better part of my childhood welding plate armor onto amphibious tanks so's we could roll right through no-man's land and right into the Kaiser's wedding reception. But the war changed everything. Now all's we got is saurkraut and potatoes, but we don't call it "saurkraut" anymore, we call it "Victory Cabbage" and potatoes is "Irish Gold" even though they're kinda grayish-white 'cept why you fry 'em. I 'member that time when me and Little Mikey and I went down to catch some catfish to fry for supper, 'cept Mikey was 'bout 6 for seven and dint need no waders so he'd just walk out into the creek and slap those catfish onto the bank like some big grizzly bear ... come to think of it, he was kinda hairy and smelled like he'd been sleeping in a cave all winter.

But I digress...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 11:24 am

It really depends on the kid.

I wasn't the sort of kid who really reacted to these things. This is because I didn't have a full understanding of these sorts of things. I think this was part of my "autism." I was very upset when I saw "Oliver!" when I was 7----but I developed a sort of "intellectual" reaction to it.

But there are kids who have a sort of "natural" intelligence to DO understand these things, and it impacts them.

I would say----if there's any indication that something will traumatize a kid----that you don't subject the kid to the traumatizing thing.

But I do suggest one teaches kids, in due time, that the world is not a rosy place, and that untoward things will inevitably happen.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 11:47 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Preschool?! Hah! Why, when I was a young'n we dint have no preschool! Soon's we could walk, our parents marched us down to tha union hall and signed us up for construction work. I spent the better part of my childhood welding plate armor onto amphibious tanks so's we could roll right through no-man's land and right into the Kaiser's wedding reception. But the war changed everything. Now all's we got is saurkraut and potatoes, but we don't call it "saurkraut" anymore, we call it "Victory Cabbage" and potatoes is "Irish Gold" even though they're kinda grayish-white 'cept why you fry 'em. I 'member that time when me and Little Mikey and I went down to catch some catfish to fry for supper, 'cept Mikey was 'bout 6 for seven and dint need no waders so he'd just walk out into the creek and slap those catfish onto the bank like some big grizzly bear ... come to think of it, he was kinda hairy and smelled like he'd been sleeping in a cave all winter.

Fun times.

All this stuff about warm and nurturing environments in early childhood is namby pamby rhetoric for sissies. Kids just need regular, good butt whoopings to set 'em straight before sending 'em back down into the coal mines or up a chimney (whichever is handiest at the time).

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 6:51 pm

If it becomes a problem, we can always replace certain scenes that may overwhelm sensitive viewers with Relax-O-Vision.

Here's it in action in Valve's Team Fortress 2: Meet the Soldier.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.