Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

zee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:28 am

skafather84 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Du_hast#Lyrics

du hast means you have.

and the video is a tribute to resevoir dogs.

It means both "you have" and "you hate"... it's a double meaning. But I still don't really understand what the songs about!

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:34 am

skafather84 wrote:
it also doesn't help she posted a large picture of jesus getting f'ed through his nail holes....

No I bloody didn't. Someone posted that in my thread, but it wasn't me. Jesus. How many lies are there about me on this site?

Anyway...
Yes. I like Rammstein. They're my favourite band. Stein um Stein and Stripped are my favourite songs right now. They make up pretty much 90% of the music I listen to.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:51 am

Sopho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
it also doesn't help she posted a large picture of jesus getting f'ed through his nail holes....

No I bloody didn't. Someone posted that in my thread, but it wasn't me. Jesus. How many lies are there about me on this site?

Anyway...
Yes. I like Rammstein. They're my favourite band. Stein um Stein and Stripped are my favourite songs right now. They make up pretty much 90% of the music I listen to.

I think Stein um Stein would be better if he didn't scream at the chorus. I really like the rest of that song though. And Morgenstern, that's a great one too. :P

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:53 am

I like the chorus. :)
And Sehnsucht.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:56 am

Sopho wrote:
And Sehnsucht.
Yes, Sehnsucht has that primal vocalizing in the background, it's been a long time since I've heard that song. What did you think of the album Rosenrot?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:57 am

zee wrote:
Sopho wrote:
And Sehnsucht.
Yes, Sehnsucht has that primal vocalizing in the background, it's been a long time since I've heard that song. What did you think of the album Rosenrot?

I didn't like some of the songs on there as much as th earlier albums at first, but now it's one of my favourites. Some of the songs I listen to most are on that album.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 4:03 am

I listen to it a lot too. I think "Wo bist do" is possibly their most powerful song, and they don't have any other songs that sound like it. I think most of the lyrics are better too; in their earlier work they sang a lot about sexual desire and similar basic subjects. But now they seem to be more poetic and exploring more complex emotions.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:35 pm

Sopho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

ah, for some reason i thought you had done that. sorry.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:51 pm

zee wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Du_hast#Lyrics
du hast means you have.
and the video is a tribute to resevoir dogs.

It means both "you have" and "you hate"... it's a double meaning. But I still don't really understand what the songs about!

its even a bit more complex. the lyrics go like:

du - du hast - du hast mich - du hast mich gefragt - du hast mich gefragt und ich hab' nichts gesagt
which can be interpreted as:
you - you did OR you hate- you hate me OR you got/own/have me - you asked me - you asked me and i didnt say anything.

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:54 pm

Sopho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Anyway...

I thought you were kicked off this site. Thats what i`ve been hereing around WP the past month.
My favorites are Stripped, Du Hast and Stein um Stien.