Well I will not watch the new harry potter fantastic beasts.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 5:33 am

They litterally threw him out because allegations that where never proven about him got published in a magazine and he lost his suit against them. As far as I know there has been no court conviction that has charged him with any of the supposed offenses he's guilty of (If I am wrong please give me a link but as far as I know he never got convicted for what that magazine said. But just because a magaizine called him a wife beater and he was unable to win the suit against them they cut him out of the project. I'm not cool with that so I don't care to see that movie, and unfortunately J.K Rowling has gone off the rails I liked harry potter series as a kid but what the f**k is this woman's problem nowadays. LIke if she didn't have anything involving actual wisdom to say about transgenerism, she should have just kept her dumb trap shut about it. But no she had to go on and make a statement about how oppresive it is to the world to treat trandgeder people like people. f**k her anymore. Like what is her crazy malfunction when it comes to the topic of transgender people, I don't get it. Did a random f****d up transgender person hurt her so she assumes the all will....or is she just practicing her parents discrimination she learned from them.

All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 5:56 am

Potter fan here.

I know this is going to sound bad but I find the casting of an American as Grindelwald not very authentic.

Grindelwald was Dumbldore's childhood friend from Godric's Hollow. Depp was a terrible choice.

I hope they find a thespian actor who has experience on the British stage, these were the actors they chose in the original Harry Potter roles and I feel they should stick to these type of characters in fantastic beasts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 6:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
Potter fan here.

I know this is going to sound bad but I find the casting of an American as Grindelwald not very authentic.

Grindelwald was Dumbldore's childhood friend from Godric's Hollow. Depp was a terrible choice.

I hope they find a thespian actor who has experience on the British stage, these were the actors they chose in the original Harry Potter roles and I feel they should stick to these type of characters in fantastic beasts.

Well see that to me is a good argument, like if they decided to get someone else due to that being the case I probably would not care as much. I guess its just the premise of taking a magazines word for things that were not really confirmed in any legal proceedings as far as I know as the reason to fire him....and also J.Ks insistence on being anti transgender just makes me much less intrested in that particular franchise as much as I might have enjoyed it in my adolecence.

But though I am not super familier with the character he even plays in that but, I could see perhaps a better person could have been casted, and that should have been the reason...not that dumb tabloid magazine article. Tabloid articles always play everything up as much as they can they are never to be taken seriously as evidence of things. So I guess I take issue with that being the reason rather than figuring they could find someone to do the role better.

All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 8:20 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
[.and also J.Ks insistence on being anti transgender just makes me much less intrested in that particular franchise as much as I might have enjoyed it in my adolecence..

There is an interesting aspect to art, many people are able to seperate the artist from the artform. A great example is the author HP Lovecraft, he was a horrible man on a number of levels but his books and the recent Netflix TV series (based on one of his books) are actually brilliant.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 5:15 am

I see it the other way around. To me, even if Depp has not been charged of a crime, the fact that his ex is saying he beat her is enough to put me off movies with him in. Because there are some kinds of crime, including domestic violence, where there is rarely any proof, it's just "he said, she said", and in that case I would tend to give the victim the benefit if the doubt, until more facts come to light.

Earlier this year, I spoke in defence of JK Rowling, though after going on to read some of her crime series books I'm wavering in that, as it's become clear to me that she does hold somewhat bigotted views towards transgender people.

Still, I don't feel comfortable with the idea that we must silence Rowling and boycott her works, but continue to enable Depp. Isn't that a bit of a double standard?

I don't want to get into an argument about it though, just putting my thoughts out there.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 12:04 pm

Don't agree with her on trans people but the last movie was terrible anyway. Harry Potter was my favorite series growing up and is still my favorite children's series but I'm just not interested in what Rowling does anymore. She should have made one Fantastic Beasts movie that's like a documentary by Newt about magical creatures and/or a shorter Grindelwald series that's more focused on Dumbledore, not a five-movie series that combines the Newt and Grindelwald stories. It's a mess structurally and it feels like its being stretched out to make money.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 12:58 pm

I haven't seen one yet so I see no reason to watch this one. :nerdy:

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 1:25 pm

if we stopped buying / watching / listening to creative and intellectual creative works because their creators at some point in their existence as a human being did something that offended one of the many billion other people on the planet during their life time, then we would end up not being able to do anything.

I believe a wise man once said, "he who is free of sin, cast the first stone".

My own take on the Johhny Depp / Amber whatever she's called thing is that
i believe that both took part in abuse against each other.

To be honest, sounded like they were both off the rails with drink and drugs.
Think they should have just called it a draw, smacked both their hands and if anything,
put them in a rehab / adult psychiatric unit for some respite.

Think that the journalists / media, were just doing what they normally do.
writing sensationalized stories (whether true or not) to make money.

What i know about the entertainment industry, which is often intrinsically linked with politics / journalism / business.
The whole "domestic" scandal could have been a set up, the classic old Venus Trap. Femme Fatale, to draw her victim in with aim of ruining her prey. But I can't say, i wasn't there, and if i was, would i really know who was right and who was wrong, does any of us know what happened between two or more people from the start of their relationship to the end? I don't think so. Not condoning domestic violence, i am just not condoning a unwarranted hate campaign / excuse to ruin and murder.

If Johny Depp was guilty, does that make him any less of an actor, does that make him any less of a musician or a personality. I don't think so.

Does Ms Rowlings opinion on transexuals mean that all the books she wrote are rubbish? does it make all her films rubbish? I don't think so. Like the films, don't agree with her opinion on transexual.

Personally, I have no problem with anyone exploring their sexual identity in any legal way, i personally am hetrosexual and only really like to have sexual relationships with people who are born woman, just old fashioned like that.

I have no problem with any one else if their choices are different to mine as long as no innocent parties are forced into doing any thing against their consent.

In short, if people spend their lives pointing fingers about everything that each person does, we would be left with nothing.

Forgiveness is a virtue as is to learn unconditional love.
This is perhaps a better way to overcome adverse reactions to diversity.
Let your love shine through no matter what another person's crime is (if possible).

Apparently the word love translated in Tibetan means the ability to make another person happy.
share your love!...